99 Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Viper

Hi everyone ....Some of you may remember me as 98 Green Glow from a few years ago....

here's my little story..

Strated off with a stock auto V6 convertable camaro that ran 16.6 at 82 mph ( that time was with heavy 18 inch rims and a full wings west kit) but never the less still very slow..

With quite a few bolt ons and a powerdyne kit I put down 217 rwhp and ran a best of 15.0 at 93 mph...

A little after that the car pretty much blew up with oil coming from every where....

So I traded her in sight unseen for a brand new 2004 auto 2.73 geared C5..

Went to the same track I ran 15.0 on in the camaro and ran a best of 13.5 at 103 mph after some practice...

Then with a cam and some other bolt ons I got the Vette down to a 12.80 at 110.83 mph....

Stock she dynoed 299 rwhp and 310tqe...After the mods she dynoed 378 rwhp and 370 tqu...

She was pretty fast but I still wanted more..So i traded her in two months ago for a 99 Viper...

Bone stock the viper put down 410 whp and 465 rwt. I havent had the oppertunity to run the Viper at the track , because their is no longer a drag strip in my state...The one I ran the camaro and Vette at has since closed down..

But I have had the opertunity to race......

550 rwhp Supra on pump gas ( pulled me by 3 cars at 130 mph)

418 awhp EVO ( pulled me by 1 car at 130 mph)

350 rwhp S2000 ( pulled him by 2 cars at 130 mph)

bone stock 05 NSX ( pulled him by 6 plus cars at 130 mph)

bone stock E55AMG ( pretty even races)

All these were on a closed track of course.....

Very fun car and honestly Im happy I traded the vette in for it...

To those of you who even remember me Id like to give this site a HUGE THANK YOU......It's because of this site that my love and knowledge of vehicles grew and grew and 75% of whet i know about cars today came from this site and people like Mighty Thor and Shirl....
    1998 camaro a4. Bone stock 16.6<br />powerdyned 15.1<br /><br />2004 a4 2.73 C5 targa<br />Bone stock 13.5 at 103<br />stock lS6 heads<br />ram air intake <br />Tr 224/224 cam<br />12.9 at 109

Re: 99 Viper

got any pics??!!!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

yea.. post some pictures man.

15.0 with a powerdyne.. ouch. what year camaro?

any pics of it?

congrats on the viper.. i was just looking at one last night, for 29K awesome price.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Ill post some pics up later...I havent even takin any yet...

My camaro was a heavt auto convertable full body kit 18 inch x 10 inch wide z06 rimmed 3900 pound car with me in it...

15.0 was a lot faster than 16.6 stock....

My track is also pretty slow..13.5 is pretty slow for a Vette as well. Or I just sucked..very possible
        1998 camaro a4. Bone stock 16.6<br />powerdyned 15.1<br /><br />2004 a4 2.73 C5 targa<br />Bone stock 13.5 at 103<br />stock lS6 heads<br />ram air intake <br />Tr 224/224 cam<br />12.9 at 109

Comment

I want a 96-97 viper, blue w/white stripes, :drool: man thats awesome you got a 99. Post some pics of the beast
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

2002 Red RT/10 Spoke Chrome Whells, Custom Exhaust :)

Comment

i love the older vipers so much. one day i will buy one.
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Hey Laron, it's nice of you to pop in and say hi. It's always good to hear from you.

WOW!! You really are moving up in the world.

Congrats on the Viper that's an awesome ride. Lots of room for performance improvement.

So every 2 years or so you keep adding two cylinders to your ride: you've gone from a V6 to a V8 to a V10 - - - I see a Ferrari in your future, V12. :D

Yeah, post pics.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

remeber reading your post on the powerdyne.

nice job on the viper, any pics??? plans on modding it???
                  2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

I cant afford themaintanance cost on a ferrari LOL.....

Thats whats great about Vettes and Vipers...

The vette is just the same engine found in thousands of camaros and firebirds and the Viper is just a retuned giant truck engine..

So their not that expensive compared to the foreighn cars...

V10 is good for me....

I would say Hi much more often but the site always forgets me and i have to keep getting new pass words to post anything...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGlow3
                      I cant afford themaintanance cost on a ferrari LOL.....

Thats whats great about Vettes and Vipers...

The vette is just the same engine found in thousands of camaros and firebirds and the Viper is just a retuned giant truck engine..

So their not that expensive compared to the foreighn cars...

V10 is good for me....

I would say Hi much more often but the site always forgets me and i have to keep getting new pass words to post anything...
                      Supposedly Ferraris don't break down anymore.

Well now that M. Schumacher is gone.........

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Vipers are amazing vehicles especially the earlier ones, they trumped everything else for raw power when they came out.

Comment

Hey Laron! Congrats on the Viper! What color is it? Don't forget to post pics. :)
                          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

my viper is faster then your viper :eek:

haha JK man

sounds like your doing grate !!!

the track closed in HI? that really sucks balls... sorry to here about that...

my car is down right now, defective valve drop and toasted the motor so its getting biult up again and 5x better then before :naughty:
                            old head flow 202 cfm at .6 lift new ones are 235
                            new stall and and 1.7 rocker arms on top the cam :) plus new turbo kit

nice seeing you around i was wondering where you went
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Viper04af....Your numbers are about what im hoping for..

Right now bone stock she put down 410 rwhp and 465 rwt..

Im hoping that with an air intake and no cats ( 2 of the cheapest mods for now)Ill be around 435 rwhp and 490 rwt....Still a bit under you but getting closer....

But as you know the 96-99 Vipers were all forged from the factory so FI or NOS is in my future..

Cars going to the paint shop tomorrow and it will suppossedly be done in 10 days...

ILL POST PICS AFTER IT'S ALL LOOKIN THE WAY I WANT IT TOO...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X