problem with my (2nd gen) camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my (2nd gen) camaro

I have a problem,I run out of gear way to fast in my 80 camaro(tachs fast) I have a 350th with 4:10 posi and was wondering if the 700r4 is a better trans?But what I really want is to mount a 5speed to my 350,would that possible without changing to much.Btw it used to be a Muncie 4speed so it still has the clutch pedal.
    $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Re: problem with my camaro

I'm gonna have to move this to other rides again, bt first.............

Your gears are what's causing your grief. Changing those out for mayhbe, 3.23/3.42 would get you a better range, but pickup will be less necksnapping. Switching to an overdrive type tranny, be it 4sp auto or 5sp stick would let you better enjoy the 4.10 rear, and maybe not do 112kph at less thnat 4k rpm

Getting a 4sp auto should be relativey easy, maybe look towards teh chevy impailya's and get aftermarket lockup switch. have driveshaft made & there ya go. Year 1, Classic Industires or even 2nd gen F-bod boards should be able to give the info you're looking for. Maybe even super chevy (if that's the name). HPP mag usually does the 200-4r conversion sense that tranny bolts up to the B-O-P pattern.

try www.camaros.net

edit: also mote carlos & what not w/regular trannies not needing the 3rd/4th gen torque arm
    Last edited by 3.4 slow to go; 05-15-2006, 08:29 PM.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X