Help me decide.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide.........

My dad needs a car and i need to buy one for him. He drives maybe 5000 miles a year ...i know it's hard to believe but yeah about 5k a year. i have never driven chevy impala. also, never driven new camry (2002 +) either. I am looking at this 2001 impala Impala for him. 2 things i like about this car is that nice interior and [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] 3800 engine . the other one is 2002 camry with about 65k price $9995. both of these cars are about 50 miles from my house. give me some ideas about impala....good and bads...since he is 50+ i wanna give him something strong...isn't impala is safer/stronger than camry? thanks
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Impala by far. Beyond a doubt. I've worked on both. It's got low miles on it too for its age especially.

The ONLY downside to the 3800 in the FWD cars IS there is EGR plumbing that goes thru the intake that will melt the intake manifold gasket after a few years, but thats something GM made an updated part for. So when it happens, get it fixed with the updated part, and never deal with it again. It's definately the winner if you ask me!

And THIS is coming from a Mechanic mind you, my mom drives a 2001 Impala herself. She has probably 80-90k on it and loves it, treats her well and has never had any problems.
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:

The ONLY downside to the 3800 in the FWD cars IS there is EGR plumbing that goes thru the intake that will melt the intake manifold gasket after a few years, but thats something GM made an updated part for. So when it happens, get it fixed with the updated part, and never deal with it again. It's definately the winner if you ask me!

is this a recall? or i have to pay to fix it. i was just talking with him(dad) that how safe the impala is than camry. At his age, i would like him to drive impala rather than those aluminum foil cars. thanks.
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Look at the 96 and 97 impalas. Those are the best. You're dad will love it!
        Mystic Teal Metallic
        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Nope, not a recall yet. They are GRAVY to do tho.
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

yeah a 96 impala SS... they have some balllls ;)
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

97 Impala? No such thing.

94-96. But only get one if you want a toy. DONT buy one for a daily driver and get snow/ice/****..

Comment

you guys must not look at the cost of the 94-96 impalas. they are still pretty pricey.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

i think 96 ss is just a little too much for my 55 yr old dad. this is the one 2001 Impala
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

2002 an up v6 camrys will kill a impala. i was with my friend we were in his grandma's camery and raced a sentra ser 15.5 quarter they got and we beat it by little more than a car
                    3.4....cold air intake, flowmaster, underdrive pullys, 3.42 gears, ngk spark plugs

Comment

^Hey great point... :rolleyes:

I'd go for the Impala, you know its reliable, the police use it!
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X