My 1986 Toyota 4X4 (It will beat KBeezy and Shane). - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1986 Toyota 4X4 (It will beat KBeezy and Shane).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1986 Toyota 4X4 (It will beat KBeezy and Shane).

Beat them in the mud ;) .

Here is the newest ride.
    Got it last summer, pretty cheap, not running or driving.
    Popped in a new torque converter, some good gas and a battery, and now it runs great.

Need to put new seals in the front axle. Rebuild the carb, and remove about 12 shocks and the body lift, and its out wheelin' I go!

Its an 86 toyota extended cab.
    Solid axle swap.
    3.8L Buick swap (what is it with me a 3.8s?)
    Turbo 350 tranny.
    Edelbrock cam/intake package.
    6-7" lift, 3"body lift (has to go).
    Roll cage and bucket seats.
    Full VDO dash
    35" BFG Mud Terrains
    Not sure what gears are in it yet, will find out when I change the gear lube.

Front view

Engine Bay
    Interior w/cage

Don't worry, its SOOOO much cleaner now than it was then. All of the leaks are fixed. The interior no longer has that crappy material all up in it.
    I like having an older truck much more than a newer one. You can beat the crap out of it without feeling bad.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ November 16, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

I'll race you off-road or on-road. My ZR2 or Mustang =P
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I'll race you in the mud.... Then we can head over to the rocks after that.

You game? :D [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[ November 17, 2005, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: MTMike ]
      <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Montana Mike ;) ... I thought would stop in here.

Your trail ride is pretty sick... I saw the pictures you posted a while back.
        My toy is not yet ready to tackle that kind of a challenge.
        Do we need to be all secretive and start a kbeezy/shane rivalry off road? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
        Seriously though, that is a badass off roading machine you've got. I want mine to end up just as badass sometime here soon. ;)
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
          Montana Mike ;) ... I thought would stop in here.

Your trail ride is pretty sick... I saw the pictures you posted a while back.
          My toy is not yet ready to tackle that kind of a challenge.
          Do we need to be all secretive and start a kbeezy/shane rivalry off road? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          Seriously though, that is a badass off roading machine you've got. I want mine to end up just as badass sometime here soon. ;)
          Cool deal - I'm just ribbin' ya [img]smile.gif[/img] You've got a good looking Toy there.

Thanks for the compliments, and if you're wanting a machine as badass, prepare to open your wallet, bank account, saving account and empty your 401(k), cuz that sh*t doesn't stop :eek: :D Upcoming projects on mine include a custom half-cab topper on the bed w/ 2 seats & belts so I can carry passengers, inboarding the rear shocks to further improve flex in the rear, and eventually swapping out that 3/4ton front with a true 1-ton Dana 60, "Doubler" dual-transfer case setup with triple-stick control, roll-cage, and the list goes on and on....

Mike
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Oh I know it.
            I am going to leave mine alone, just getting up and running really well, and then clean it up.
            Toyotas do well in the mud, etc stock even, so I have plenty of fun waiting for me...

The rock crawling seems to be where it gets pricey.
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
              The rock crawling seems to be where it gets pricey.
              I've got a lot of money into mine. I built it to be an all around "ultimate trail rig" It's great in the mud, great on big rocks, etc.

The hardest part is building it for endurance - running tough trails solid from 8am to 6pm. It's gotta have enough fuel, an AMAZING cooling system, comfortable interior, and enough room to carry a big tool box and enough spare parts to rebuild it on the trail :D

Comment

I'm with Mike on this one... go crawl or go home :D

Nice rig... now get some action shots!
                FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

all you need a windsheild banner that says "red neck"
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6:
                    Nice rig... now get some action shots!
                    Hey Steve!

Lets see some pics of your Jeep while we're at it.... havn't seen any in quite a while. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                      Man thats rough. :(
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                        No.

My windshield will say "Jeep Extraction Vehicle" :D

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kristen:
                          No.

My windshield will say "Jeep Extraction Vehicle" :D
                          </font>[/QUOTE]LOL... I don't think I posted this one...

We still don't know how she did it... but it took mine and that LR to winch her out... she kept pulling the LR in with the winch.

And if you really want to see my truck... just go to www.xjjeep.com
                          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X