Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really weird problem

My girlfriend has a 1994 Taurus GL.

She got pulled over two weeks ago coming back to USF by a cop because her tail lights were completely out. I replaced all of the tail lights and several were out. Now heres the problem, you turn the knob to the parking posistion or headlight on posisition and all of the front lights come on like they're supposed to, but the rears do not...nothing.

Step on the brakes, those lights come on including the CHMSL. Blinkers all work accordingly as well.

Here's another anomoly, you turn the hazards on the passenger side markers do not flash (neither does the green arrow pointing right in the instrument cluster)...however, the tails do! Turn the key on and put the blinker on to make a right hand turn, and it flashes.

I have checked every fuse that I can find and they're all good. I also just installed a new headlight switch from a Ford dealer and still nothing, same issue.

Any ideas? I'm completely stumped!
    -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Sounds like your switch is a piece of **** [img]smile.gif[/img] Time to break out the tester, turn them on, and see if the wires/plugs are putting out power. If thats the case the bulbs are ****ty.. If thats NOT the case and they aren't getting power when they should be I'd first check the switch.
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

the switch is brand new. What would be the cause of the flashers not working on the passenger side headlamps as well...but they work on the passenger tail lamps?

Getting power and every one of the tail lamps are brand new as well.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Then its time to break out the multimeter and start checkin wires [img]smile.gif[/img] Sounds like you have an electrical problem on your hand!
        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

yeah i figured :(

I don't have a wiring diagram...the haynes manual stops at 1992! I'll have to follow it though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X