Good starter bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good starter bike

Alright guys, i know this has been covered before in the lounge, but i figured i'd ask again. What bikes do you all recomend for a first street bike. I'm not new to riding bikes by any means, I used to race motocross 125cc and had a 250cc for my trail bike.

I'm thinking 600cc sport bike, but i dont know anything about what makes and models are out there. Also, does anyone here have a cruiser? I'm inbetween a smaller cruiser and a crotch rocket, not sure which i'd rather have. I like the idea of the sportyness of crotch rockets, but i've always been a fan of the more relaxed cruiser style.

any imput on make/model and sport/cruiser is appritiated. but try not to be too biased towards one or the other just b/c its what you ride [img]tongue.gif[/img]

thanks guys
    RedlineVSix

also if anyone could give me info on make/model + VIN so i could start looking up how much insurance is gonna hurt me i'd appritiate it
    RedlineVSix

Comment

get a nighthawk, sporty cruiser
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

ehh, not my style. for cruisers i'm thinking along the lines of kawasaki vulcan 500 http://images.traderonline.com/img/5...78338906_2.jpg
        RedlineVSix

Comment

Popular first time bikes a
          Suzuki bandit
          Suzuki SV650
          Yamaha YZF
          Yamaha FZ6
          Honda Hornet

all are 1/2 fairing bikes or naked so they are cheaper on insurance and they are considered more sport touring but will still do good running with the smaller superbikes.

Heres a vin for my bandit
          JS1GN7AA5Y2100069 and it is a 599CC. As far as insrance soe copanies go by cc's while soe go by ake.

Sorry the keyboard is broken on the coputer
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

My friend just got a GSX-R 600 for his first bike. I think he's a little too in love with that thing. He bought it from a guy we work with- came with an aftermarket ecu, alarm system, and a few cosmetic upgrades
            2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
              Popular first time bikes a

Yamaha YZF
              My buddy :D

Come over and check out the YZF board.... Remember Redbird? He's there... Keeps breaking his thou :rolleyes: But me and many others find it to be a great mix of what you want. Sportiness (ie.. the look of crotch rocket) and the comfort (ie.. can ride it longer than an R1 or R6 owner).

Let me put it this way... It's got enough power to rip your head off getting to 140mph... but not enough to pull the front wheel while getting to that 140 [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]

Steve
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Oh.. and I've been asked to come down for a RL meeting by Dan... When that date is figured out.. and I'm avalible, pending rain.. I'll ride down :D

Comment

WHy not a cheap,used, honda rebel?
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                    Did you NOT see the word "sport bike" in his post??? Go back to your room now [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Rebel?? [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                      Did you NOT see the word "sport bike" in his post??? Go back to your room now [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Rebel?? [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                      </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                      RedlineVSix

Comment

Dude, you watched Torque too many times. All he needs to do is put a spoiler on teh back & some nawssssssss stickeers on it. Now that's sports.

PLUS

he didn't say it HAD to be a sports bike, only that he was thinking about it. Main topic was starter bike.

Originally posted by 95fbirdkid:

any imput on make/model and sport/cruiser is appritiated. but try not to be too biased towards one or the other just b/c its what you ride [img]tongue.gif[/img]

thanks guys
                        [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I'm thinkin of getting a R6 or a GSX-R600. Im only 16, so i gotta worry about insurance. Which one would u recommend though?

Comment

For insurance issues, usually the smaller the cc, the smaller the premium. Also, experiance willplay into it.
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Here, since you are not sure the type of bike you may want, I've given you a suggestion below for each category of bike. These are all good beginner bikes.

Enduro

Sport Bike

Cruiser

Full Dresser

Chopper

:D

[ May 31, 2005, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: JusFlyinBy ]
                              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X