Guess what my bro gave me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what my bro gave me

A while ago my brother got an old turbo from one of his friends at work and it was from an old Supra, however the turbo's impeller is broken and the bearings need to be replaced so it needs some work. A couple weeks ago he just got a motorcycle and we just came down to visit him this past week and he said that he probably wont have time/money to fix the turbo now that he just got the motorcycle so i hit him up to give it to me, and he did! Now my question, is it going to be able to be salvaged and fixed or will i be wasting my time? I'll put some pictures up when i get some taken. If its salvageable that is going to be awesome! probaly wont put in on the bird though, most likely put it on the tC and just put a bigger engine in the bird.
    White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

At least he didn't give you crabs... cuz that woudl suck.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Perfect post for the new "other rides" forum... moving.

Hit Shane up for Supra info :D
      FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
      Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
      Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Hey Trunks, how you doing?

Go to ebay. They have alot of rebuilt kit on sale.

Over ten years ago I met a guy who did TT on his 2.8 Firebird. That was the first time I've ever seen actual turbos.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Just looked at it and its a Toyota CT26 turbo. Found a rebuild kit on ebay for 140 but doesn't include the impeller, however i also found an turbine on a different seller....turbine is same as impeller right?
          White 1992 3.1L V6 firebird<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ssj_trunks\" target=\"_blank\">Here she is</a><br />----------------------------------

Comment

Yeah there are somewhat the same because they are fans. BUt the impeller is in the actual turbo side and the turbine in at the exhaust side.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Are you planning on using it on the firebird, or selling it??

If your selling it, I'd ebay it, and go to mr2oc.com and drop a thread there about the turbo on ebay. alot of mr2 guys run those turbos.

Comment

thinking of either putting it on the firebird or tC. probably the firebird tho since the tC is still under warranty for 2 more yrs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X