twin turbo 89 iroc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: twin turbo 89 iroc

yay 4 more days and i have 2 weeks to work on this thing.
    im hoping to knock out the trans swap in 2 days and then use the rest of my time off to work on my other 2 projects. if all goes well i am hoping i can get the timing chain done on the dodge intrepid so i can reinstall the remote mount turbo setup back on it.
    and then after that hopefully i can get the 1/4 inch plate cut and welded up to make the adapter for the 4-71 blower on the 3.4.

bleh i have way to many projects

Comment

the iroc is ready to go besdies some odds and ends but i can drive it now without fear of blowing up the trans.

tested out the transbrake + antilag and i must say its scary on the antilag, the downpipes come out under the rockers behind the front tires,and on the antilag i get some nice flames out both sides of the car..
      deff need to to a burnout while on he antilag and get a badass picture

one of the odds and ends is getting a new harness for the megasquirt, the one im using now osmone made out of a pigtail and it has to many splices in it for me to be truley comfortable with it, so ill order a new 12 ft harness and wire it the way i want

the other thing is i have both fans on toggle switches when i get the new harness ill wire one fan to the ecm and the other ill leave on a toggle

but atleast i can enjoy the car for now wont be any transbrake launches for now as i still have the 10 bolt rear but car should be going to world of speed on the boneville salt flats next month for an attempt at making the 200mph club

Comment

grrr got a knock, luckily its only the converter, looks like the converter bolts loosened up on me.
        one of my friends just had a lift installed at his shop on the farm so were going to tow the car over there later this week so i can fix it, this time im putting thread lock on the converter bolts

tommorow im going to go hit the junkyard and see if i cant find a 8.8,12bolt or 9 inch rear.i honestly dont care what rear i come up with as long as it allows me to get rid of the 10 bolt. the 8.8 rear is a pretty easy swap though , cut off all the brackets shorten the tubes slightly and weld on all the brackets off the 10bolt and the tq arm mount is easily fabbed.

once the rear is cut down the 10bolt axles slide right in so that right there saves an initial 200$'s later down the road u can upgrade the axles

Comment

not a whole lot to report except that 2nd gear is sliping in the 4l80. going to take the car over to my friends farm tommorow or friday and put the car up on the lift and drop the transmission, and reinstall the stock 700 while i send the 4l80 out to be looked at/rebuilt

Comment

well its that time of year again

yesterday i went and preped the car to come out of hibernation
            had a few small issues with the trans but i fixed them today

video is from yesterday
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k5mNQshedjg

Comment

Originally posted by project89 View Post
              well its that time of year again

yesterday i went and preped the car to come out of hibernation
              had a few small issues with the trans but i fixed them today

video is from yesterday
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k5mNQshedjg
              Looks and sounds like something from the Road Warrior.lol Nice backroads.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thats not a backroad thats my friends driveway to his farm when i had the car stored all winter

this is one of the back roads in town just outside of town, speedlimit is 65
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHnpRjfetY

Comment

It sounds good, when is the track date scheduled?
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    It sounds good, when is the track date scheduled?

planning on going on vaction end of june or early july , th eplan is to goto vegas for 2 weeks , when we go im going to tow the iroc down and run it at the track.

lvms and rmr are the 2 closest tracks to me and either one is a around 350mile trip one way

i do miss living 5 miles from the racetrack but il take the country over a big city now any day of the week so it dont bug me to much, i just wont get as much track time each year as id like

most of my runs will prolly be when they hold the street races at the abandoned airport near me, i think they do 6-8 races a year

im hoping to hit the salt flats this year as well but i have alot of work to do befoe i can do that , still need special tires, fire supression system , and have to get up off my butt and weld in the 10pt roll cage

Comment

well got her home and started tearing down some of the turbo stuff so i can clean up the pipes and wiring , also got the base tune worked on idles and revs so much nicer now, and as u can hear i went back to the small cam

as u can see lots to do to make it look good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gXYV-uO4Mh0

Comment

hmm your twin turbo looks awesome... and I am sure it is also a powerful car then others which have one turbo or non turbo.. how about the performance of these twin turbo? Its looking very impressive, thanks for sharing the photos. I like your work.

Quality roof racks brands | Click Here
                        Last edited by Aldrich; 05-27-2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

sinc enone of u guys have seen the thing just about all the way together here ya go

im also getting the car ready for paint , it goes in for primer on july 12th and then for the paint 2 weeks later

im using spi black epoxy primer
                          spi pure black base with 6-8 grams of blue or red pearl added
                          spi universal clear

this is an example of the black base with red pearl added

here is the majority of the major body work i have to do and have started on
                          ds rear quarter

dont look to bad right take a look once i striped it down

Comment

still dont look to bad till u see it from an angle

here it is with some filler on it still have alot more sanding to do and still needs a tiny bit more filler in one spot

and then moving onto the passenger side door

this is what im dealing with

got it filled last night but went a lil light on the hardner so didnt do much else with it when i get out of work in about 30 mins ill go home and finish it up / take some pics

Comment

been working ont he hood since it had rustoleum paint on it , wish i would have thought of using a razor blade first , but ehh better late then never

got some chemical bumper stripper on the way as thats next up

after that i need to strip the roof , and fix a few more dings on the body of the car , then pull the windshield and interior

cant friggen wait to get some nice paint on this thing and put the good rims and tires on it , im praying i have enough time to install the rollcage in the car before it leaves for paint

Comment

Looking good , whos painting it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X