Need some Ideas for a DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some Ideas for a DD

I'm looking at Honda's and Chevy trucks at the moment.

I've had decent lucky with Buick's. I had an '01 Century and the only problem that car had during my ownership was an blown intake gasket. I recently owned an '06 LaCrosse which was an extremely nice car for the money.

Unfortunately, with all of the money I've paid for repairs lately, I'm very afraid to buy another GM product.

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
      I'm going back for a second test drive/ have a second eye check it out because the used car dealers aren't exactly the most trustworthy of people.

I assume because it is supercharged I shouldn't put anything but premium in it?
      Premium is recommended. There is a noticeable power loss when the car detunes itself for standard gas, and through the various calculations I've done, the additional mileage on premium that I get in my L67 Buick makes up for the extra cost. I calculated 10 or so tanks and they all came out to exactly the same cost per gallon (+-$0.03) on regular, plus, and premium. So I use premium.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

You should look around for a good used Tahoe or Suburban. I love older Dodge trucks, but I would love to have a Suburban for the family and towing if need be.

Comment

I'd love a Tahoe or Suburban but that is way too much truck for a college student..

I've decided what I'm getting.

A buddy of mine is getting rid of his Envoy (original owner) and he said he'd give it to me dirt cheap. I see him often so I know I'm not getting ripped off. I just have to wait about a month; however, the deal is worth waiting for.

Specs:

2003 Envoy SLT, leather, touch screen, power everything, sunroof, heated seats and 4X4
          I6 275 Hp 160,000 kms (100k miles) It is also white: my favourite colour and it'll match my Camaro haha.

BEST PART: $3500!!!!!!!!!!!! Cash!
          Last edited by 1997Canadian3.8; 02-19-2011, 11:10 PM.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Sounds good. At least you know what your getting.

Comment

I'd love a Tahoe or Suburban but that is way too much truck for a college student..

I've decided what I'm getting.

A buddy of mine is getting rid of his Envoy (original owner) and he said he'd give it to me dirt cheap. I see him often so I know I'm not getting ripped off. I just have to wait about a month; however, the deal is worth waiting for.

Specs:

2003 Envoy SLT, leather, touch screen, power everything, sunroof, heated seats and 4X4
              I6 275 Hp 160,000 kms (100k miles) It is also white: my favourite colour and it'll match my Camaro haha.

BEST PART: $3500!!!!!!!!!!!! Cash!

**** those things sell for like $7-8k here in that shape

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                **** those things sell for like $7-8k here in that shape
                People here think that 4WD is a must for snow too. I've had people ask me how I drive in winter without a truck many times before.... CO immigrants are snow-driving morons mostly. Cuz ya know, you don't know these things already, but it makes me feel special.

Anyways. Nice new wheels there. Not sure if it mattes to you, but what's the back seat leg room like?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  People here think that 4WD is a must for snow too. I've had people ask me how I drive in winter without a truck many times before.... CO immigrants are snow-driving morons mostly. Cuz ya know, you don't know these things already, but it makes me feel special.

Anyways. Nice new wheels there. Not sure if it mattes to you, but what's the back seat leg room like?
                  It seems to be pretty good, I'm 6'2" and it's quite roomy. The thing that impresses me is the room in the back. Between the Envoy's and the Jimmy's/ Blazer's the back area was really well utilized. No crappy plastic pieces like today's SUVs. That's just my opinion, though.
                  In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                  2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

It seems to be pretty good, I'm 6'2" and it's quite roomy. The thing that impresses me is the room in the back. Between the Envoy's and the Jimmy's/ Blazer's the back area was really well utilized. No crappy plastic pieces like today's SUVs. That's just my opinion, though.
                    Did you wake and bake? Cause you MUST be high! The back of my Trailblazer was a plastic coffin, lol. That m'fer should have had a sponsored by playskool sticker on the back of it.

Sounds perfect for you though, and you can't beat that price!
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                      Did you wake and bake? Cause you MUST be high! The back of my Trailblazer was a plastic coffin, lol. That m'fer should have had a sponsored by playskool sticker on the back of it.

Sounds perfect for you though, and you can't beat that price!
                      HAHA, yes that was an early post but...

I guess is should have said what I'm comparing it to. We have an Equinox and i'm referring to how much wasted space there is with all this plastic.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/852691..._suv_cargo.jpg

In comparison to:

http://www.usedcars.com/imageserver/...5060B11D50.jpg

I know this is a stereotypical Canadian way of thinking, but... I know for a fact I can fit three hockey bags in a blazer and only two in the Equinox... Those stupid plastic pieces that hold up that useless table waste soo much space... They are hollow inside... The only use I've ever gotten out of them was to hide booze in them for sneaking it into a provincial park.

EDIT: I realize the Blazer is designed like a truck and the Equinox is a unibody but they're the same class of vehicle and GM messed up, IMO.
                      Last edited by 1997Canadian3.8; 02-24-2011, 08:19 AM.
                      In America's Hat!

Comment

You think GM messed up there, they don't have a mid sized full frame SUV replacement. Anyone that wants to do the type of light duty towing I was doing with my TBSS is now boned. If I ended up going back to drag racing motorcycles, I'd have to use a Tahoe/Yukon/Silverado/Sierra.
                        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Can't disagree with you there... The Acadia/Outlook/Traverse are not my thing... Too car like. The Acadia does ok with towing (5300 lbs) but by no means would it replace a Trailblazer.

I'm looking forward to the Envoy, other than the junk fuel economy. It'll be more than enough truck (if I can call it that) for me.
                          In America's Hat!

Comment

Sigh, I wish I got the type of fuel economy that Envoy will... Wanna buy a 2500HD?

Comment

Haha! Ouch.... Sweet truck though. I'm lovin that new Sierra Denali.
                              In America's Hat!

Comment

Yeah, the 2500 Denali wasn't out when I bought my 2010. I think I'm going to have to buy a smart car or something...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X