latest niteshades work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest niteshades work

finally got around to tinting the Jeep's taillights a while ago and took some pics, lemme know what you guys think:

custom taped out the signal and reverse, and created a cutout area for the brake lights to show through better

[IMG][/IMG]

closeup
    [IMG][/IMG]

lights on
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: latest niteshades work

no likes/dislikes/anything fellas?
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

i would have done the turn signals too. but the less-dark area for the brake lights is an awesome idea and it looks it turned out good.
      :tup:

edit: is there any way to get those jeep bumpers more black? it seems that every one that i see like that the bumpers are all faded and crappy looking plastic.

Comment

i feel the same way as savage about the signals, still looks nasty though :tup:

and as far as the black plastic goes, get a heat gun and heat the plastic like youre spray painting something except slower, just fast enough to not warp the plastic and you should see immediate results. the heat brings the oils in the plastic back out.

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
          i would have done the turn signals too. but the less-dark area for the brake lights is an awesome idea and it looks it turned out good.
          :tup:

edit: is there any way to get those jeep bumpers more black? it seems that every one that i see like that the bumpers are all faded and crappy looking plastic.
          yeah i really wanted to do the signals too, and honestly i have thought about going back in and touching them with a light layer, but it's my DD now so i didn't want anything i would have to worry about getting pulled for...definitely considering still though.

as far as the bumpers, yeah all the laredo models came with that, and honestly it looks decent when the vehicle is clean and i armor-all them. this pic was right after it had been raining so it looks crappy --- dont mind :o

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
          i feel the same way as savage about the signals, still looks nasty though :tup:

and as far as the black plastic goes, get a heat gun and heat the plastic like youre spray painting something except slower, just fast enough to not warp the plastic and you should see immediate results. the heat brings the oils in the plastic back out.

i actually had the entire taillight blacked out when i first did them and it looked sweet but it was way too dark, so i went with this route. it looks great in person with my tint and other niteshades on the truck, but i definitely might experiment with a light layer on just the signals :D

sigpic

Comment

Did you clear it? They look really dull, but that might just be the pics.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

yeah they're cleared and shiny, just poor lighting on a gross day and bad pic quality (phone)

sigpic

Comment

Sweet idea! Looks nice.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X