not an f-body but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not an f-body but...

guys please help me and not yell at me for posting here. mods please be kind lol. got a potential deal in the works but i need opinions/help.

1999 pontiac grand prix gtp 200k $1000

needs:

o2 sensor
    front driver side outer tie rod
    shift sensor/shift solenoid

the shift sensor is what has got the fear in me. even the miles dont scare me. the car is cosmetically flawless inside and out! so how hard is it for the shift sensor? help/thoughts are VERY much appreciated!!!

thanks mods for being patient with me. looking to strike a deal tonight with the owner. car books private party for $2400 in fair condition. this is better than fair shape too.

car is for my chick she currently has an alero than i pay every friggin month for. this is hands down a better car than the alero. nice treat for her i think!

thanks!!!

Re: not an f-body but...

bump...no insight or help?

Comment

The first thing I would do is call a couple of tranny shops and see what they tell you.

Comment

did and i got the "it can be anything answer" bring the car in for 5 hours on the comp at $85 an hour we will stick you real good!

Comment

thats an awful lot of miles...and if its going for only $1000 its probably a lemon. if you plan on driving this car I'd say no, find something good. but if you want to work on it and sell it for more its your call

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

gtp's are good at grenading trannies, thats all you really need to know. 1000 bucks now and 3000 bucks later.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

ya i opted out. i must say it was in GREAT shape. just get nervous when i hear anything about a tranny issue.

Comment

id say good choice, ive always looked at GTPs but never can bring myself to bite the bullet on one, we had a 92 park avenue ultra (a series 1 3800 supercharged) and it was nothing but problems right up until the day the crank made its last revolution and locked up. i gave up on it once the tranny started whining louder than the supercharger, car had 380k on it and we only paid 600 for it 5 years prior so we more than got our money out of it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

If it's in as good as shape as you say I would have bought it to part it out.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X