Might be getting a diesel truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be getting a diesel truck.

As some of you know I work at a dealership, so sometimes I get the chance to buy cars that are not going to be for sale on the lot because they are going to be a wholesale. Well someone traded in a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab short bed, 24 valve diesel with a 6 speed with edge chip and its straight piped. It has a 6 inch lift with 35 inch tires I believe with rims. It needs a few things like a new hood cause the hood dont line up on the passenger side but its over all in good shape for having 165,xxx miles on it. I find out tomorrow if I still have the chance to buy it, if so I'll get some pics. I've wanted a diesel truck for awhile so I'm keeping my hopes up :rolleyes:
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Might be getting a diesel truck.

Good idea on going with the Cummins, but if I were you I wait for an '03 or up truck to swing your way....just my .02. Not that the older Cummins had anything wrong with them...

Comment

Ya i could but I can prolly pick this truck up for 4 grand or even cheaper, I'd really like to have a 12 valve but this 24 valve will do just fine.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      sigpic

Comment

is it 4wd? if u can get it 4 less than 4000 something is wrong with it 165K is not even a break in on a 24v 4Gs?! ive seen guys spend 4000 on exhaust and chips for those trucks im sorry man good luck but 4000?! no way! thats insane

Comment

i just hate the 07 and up ones with an egr....AN EGR!!! on a diesel, cloggs up after like 70k on the odo!

and i had one come through one time as a UCI, it was a dually, with all the goodies, banks tuner and exhaust, it was fun. I had all four back tires blazing and slightly sideways at one point, that was a bad a$$ truck,
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
            i just hate the 07 and up ones with an egr....AN EGR!!! on a diesel, cloggs up after like 70k on the odo!
            EGR is the least of the problems on the 6.7l Trucks.

oxygen sensors, DPF (Diesel particulate filter) is a total joke on the new generation cummins.

I work for a chrysler dealer, and you wouldnt believe the trucks that come in for these DPF's & EGR's... We had a clogged DPF truck come in with 17k miles, and we replaced about 15 last month alone, on trucks that ranged from 25-40k miles

--

To OP.. 4k is an amazing price for that truck, pay the 4g's and never look back.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
              EGR is the least of the problems on the 6.7l Trucks.

oxygen sensors, DPF (Diesel particulate filter) is a total joke on the new generation cummins.

I work for a chrysler dealer, and you wouldnt believe the trucks that come in for these DPF's & EGR's... We had a clogged DPF truck come in with 17k miles, and we replaced about 15 last month alone, on trucks that ranged from 25-40k miles

--

To OP.. 4k is an amazing price for that truck, pay the 4g's and never look back.
              ^ All of this. ^

After this coming May I'm gonna man up on one of these 6.7's anyways. Even with all the problems its tough to beat a Cummins; that and EGR + DPF still > pee injection. Lol.

Hey StrtRacer98...how picky is your dealership on voiding warranties just out of curiosity? :stp:

Comment

Originally posted by solocamaro95 View Post
                is it 4wd? if u can get it 4 less than 4000 something is wrong with it 165K is not even a break in on a 24v 4Gs?! ive seen guys spend 4000 on exhaust and chips for those trucks im sorry man good luck but 4000?! no way! thats insane
                Ya its 4wd. Haha ya I lied I was just going off of what it looked like, I'm going to pay 9k for it, thats what they gave the previous owner for it, but anyway I sit down tomorrow and see if I can actually get it.....I've got my fingers crossed.........
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                sigpic

Comment

Hey strtracer I also work at a chrysler/dodge dealership is it ture that on the '10 diesel rams if you put an aftermarket exhaut on them it ****s something up in the computer like the computer reads that its not the stock exhaust and like shuts down and it has to be re-programed or something?
                  3M MAFIA
                  ________
                  sigpic

Comment

Well sad day no diesel truck for me :cry:, didnt get approved on my own (which I knew was going to happen) and no one wants to co-sign for me. So hopefully something comes around that I can get.
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X