my camaro (recently)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my camaro (recently)

alright, so.. most of you know, my engine died (rod knock) so i went ahead and looked around. found a fully rebuilt/re-manufactured engine with a nice warranty. more than i wanted to spend, but for the warranty it was alright.
    found a good shop to do it and took it down. took about a week, nothing bad.
    engine in the plastic

old engine out

exhaust

new engine in...
    Got it back and it smelled like oil which was fine, went away, i think it was just all the extra lubrication. Went on a trip (and hour each way) later that week and hour each way to break it in more, and on hills i noticed it felt like it was missfireing. which pissed me off. i got there and back, checked the wires, they were fine, figured maybe it was a plug or something like that as he was getting rushed. get back to my house, and stop off at NAPA on the way, but they didn't have an OBDII scanner... so i figured i would take it the same shop just to have it scanned and looked at.

Re: my camaro (recently)

After school got out, I offered to take some girls home, but i went down to the shop first, and about a block away i see the shop, pull up to a stop sign. wait for a few cars to pass, look both ways, see a white truck stopped in the road with no blinkers or anything, quick check on the road again, and start to pull out.... BAM.... Neon was there... didn't see it, neither did either of the girls which was weird. The girl in the neon didn't really seem to brake and slammed into me (which yes, i was at fault). Turned out she was also the sheriffs daughter.... It wasn't too bad though, nobody was injured thank god.

corner

the tear down the side

the metal frame? ^

So.. in the end i have to pay a tow bill, a day of inpound bill, a ticket, higher insurance i would assume, and because i only had liability, my car...
    I have no idea what im going to do... front passenger fender torn up, bumper ripped up, wheel well busted, huge scratch all the way down the passenger side of my car, the corner of the hood was bent down, and im pretty sure a corner of the metal frame snapped. so... its gonna be alot...

EDIT: oh.. it did run, i drove it off the road, don't think it did much damage there, but i think it was leaking coolant off on of the lines... (you can see in the pics)
    Last edited by t-topV6; 05-27-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

^her car^ (seemed like it was crushed alot more thank mine)

glad nobody was hurt, but im not sure how this is all gonna work out...

Comment

WHAT THE.....!!!

Just your luck. Damn dude I am so sorry to hear your misfortune. That really sucks!

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

take it to a body shop and see how bad it is. ive seen worse than that on here restored. dont know if you remember dave but his old pewter maro was hit pretty hard and he rebuilt it and it looked just as good as it ever did.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Uhhh.. You should have seen my silver car. I put it in a ditch early in it's life. Wasn't totaled and repaired just like new. Still running strong. Then some drunk girl hit me and my car while it was parked. I was in between the two cars. Wasn't hurt at all.. somehow. Paint got f'd hard. That car just doesn't have any luck.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
              take it to a body shop and see how bad it is. ive seen worse than that on here restored. dont know if you remember dave but his old pewter maro was hit pretty hard and he rebuilt it and it looked just as good as it ever did.
              I think Dave just got himself a 97 Camaro and tranfer his stuff from his wreck camaro on to that car. Remember he painted it Quasar Blue.

Unless if you're talking about a different Dave.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                I think Dave just got himself a 97 Camaro and tranfer his stuff from his wreck camaro on to that car. Remember he painted it Quasar Blue.

Unless if you're talking about a different Dave.

Same dave, but they are referring to the first time he wrecked the car.

When he replaced/transfered all the parts on the other camaro, then painted it blue was the second time he wrecked it.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

In 2002 I had a old man and his wife make a left in front of me when I was doing 45mph I braked 2 cars missed them in the outter lanes ,car behind me swerved around me and missed the car. I turned the steering wheel so I would hit it at a angle. The brakes did good, I think I hit him and his wife at 25-30 mph from 45 mph. My whole drivers side hood was pished up and fender done for, $ 6500 to fix it, because they had to fix the front frame damage where the bumper bolts too. Glad your O.K. too bad for the bad luck streak. Good luck to you.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if oyu have full coverage, be sure to have your receipts for the engine work, your insurance company will give you money for that since it was recent

Comment

alright... so i guess ill be paying 2 grand for it to be fixed... new body panels, fixed frame, new coolant tank (i guess they needed to replace the whole thing?) and paint... BUT the only thing is, the huge gauge down the side isn't going to be painted like the body panels... it going to be "Touched up"...

Comment

If your paying out of pocket, why don't you try and save a few bills and go junk-yard shopping.

You could probably get a fender and the coolant tank off a camaro in the scrap yard for much less than the body shop will get one for you.

But seeing as you bought a crate motor from GM for a car thats almost 15 years old you'll probably spend more money than need be..... which makes me think, why dont you have full coverage if you have so much $ to spend on a new motor and $2,000 on body work?
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Just as an estimate for you from pictures...

Hood- $150
                          Fender - $125
                          Bumper- $300
                          Headlamp- $20

You're also going to need to have it put on a frame rack, because yes, the part in question is part of the frame. Judging by that, it depends on how long it take them to pull it, but the going rate is $50/hr, looks like it'd be about 6 hrs labor for that so there's $300... Paint on the Bumper, Fender, and Hood will run you about $800 at a good shop using Junkyard parts (The prices from above quote junkyard parts). So out of Pocket you're looking at roughly $1,700...and that price figures on you actually fixing the car yourself, and only going to a shop for framework and paintwork...and it assumes that there isnt more messed up than what's in the picture...which I can just about guarantee that there is.
                          Y87 Package
                          MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                          Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                          BONE APPROVED!
                          VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                          KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                          Team Black...TEAM EMO
                          sigpic
                          Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X