A Close Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Close Call

So I went to Toronto a few months ago and while I was there I picked up a fake ID. I'm from michigan and the ID I got was from wisconsin. I know the older guys on here would probably frown on me getting a fake, but everyone was my age once and understands how college kids are. I like to think that I'm responsible. Never drive under the influence, always in a private home, never puke ect ect. Besides the main reason I bought the ID is so I can order Ammunition off of the internet which requires you to be 21 to sign for it.

Anyway I've been using my ID with great success until a couple of nights ago. My buddy and I were having a bonfire and decided it would be nice to have something to quench out thirst. He drove me over to a local liquor store and proceeded to get a couple 2 liters of soda, a fifth of jack, and a fifth of SOCO. The girl at the counter asks for my ID. So I hand it over. She looks at it for a second, then turns around and, to my great dismay, scans it. My ID looks really good, it has holograms, blacklights, and has all the other security features EXCEPT scannability. The machine beeps a few times to confirm that it isn't working. Getting caught with a fake ID in michigan results in a $500 dollar minimum fine and possible jail time.

This is where my quick thinking and bull****ting skills kick in. I ask the girl "hey do you know if your scanner has intrastate compatible firmware?" She just gave me a befuzzled look. I tried to explain further "Uhh, Yeah, some scanners that are older than a year won't read wisconsin ID's, it has to do with the encoding process of our new ID's. Hey flip over the machine and check the serial number. If the last number is less than 8 it's outdated." That was all COMPLETE BS. I have no idea how scanner software works. I don't even think they can be outdated since it just reads a simple universal mathematical code. But none of that mattered. She flipped over the machine and sure enough the last number on the S/N was a 4. She just said, "oh you must be right, and here i was thinking you were trying to pass off a fake. I was about to call the police." I laughed and said "oh I would never try to pass a fake on someone as pretty as you." She blushed a little. I paid and left. My heart was racing as I put the goods in the trunk of my buddy's '66 mustang. We drove off laughing. I got lucky.

Re: A Close Call

talk about keepin' your cool man....can't say it was a good idea to begin with, but what a save lol.

smooth operatin'
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

And now you hae posted this on the internet I woud expect a visit from the Five 0 in a few days...

Comment

lol doesn't really work that way.

if that were so, every time one of us talked about "spirited street driving" or running cutouts or without cats or no front plates, the po would show up at our door and take us away...

thats just silly.
        Last edited by BallerMaro13; 05-26-2009, 10:53 AM.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

always goes down smooth. NICE!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
            lol doesn't really work that way.

if that were so, every time one of us talked about "spirited street driving" or running cutouts or without cats or no front plates, the po would show up at our door and take us away...

thats just silly.

obviously you haven't heard/read about the whole "beating up kids & taking their candy on halloween" incident.

:poke: :poke: :poke:
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

nor do i care to.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but thats assault and robbery. This is me buying a couple drinks for a bonfire. big difference. plus i doubt any local cops are going to come onto the V6 F body forum and look for anyone trying to use a fake ID. they have much better things to do. Especially around here in detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
                  Yeah, but thats assault and robbery. This is me buying a couple drinks for a bonfire. big difference. plus i doubt any local cops are going to come onto the V6 F body forum and look for anyone trying to use a fake ID. they have much better things to do. Especially around here in detroit.
                  you would be surprised

although i dont think anything will happen to you, the police and the fbi scan forums

on another forum i am on, someone made a joke about obama, and the next day the FBI was knocking on his door trying to question him, IIRC they questioned him and he let them search his house, and after he explained everything they let him go

although underage drinking (to them) is not as important as someone making a threat against the president, its still a HUGE deal, and cops do not play around with underage drinking.. someone i know got an underage ONE day before his birthday, he was partying the night before his 21st and got busted, he got a fine and had to do community service

Comment

I ment it as a Joke but the NSA actually scans internet Mobile Phone and Land line Coversations they have a lsiten station in the US and well as one in Great Britan. This is like how the Obama threat got acted on. Just my 2 Cents lol

Comment

Point to end all points. I could just be making up some weird story. Its up to the user to determine whether or not im telling the truth. There's no way to verify any of it. I can't be prosecuted because they simply have no evidence other than some random story i posted on a message board that may or may not be true. Its not like i carry the ID around with me everywhere. they'd have to get a search warrant to find it. it would just never ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
                        Point to end all points. I could just be making up some weird story. Its up to the user to determine whether or not im telling the truth. There's no way to verify any of it. I can't be prosecuted because they simply have no evidence other than some random story i posted on a message board that may or may not be true. Its not like i carry the ID around with me everywhere. they'd have to get a search warrant to find it. it would just never ever happen.
                        LOL, yea.

I robbed 36 banks in 24 hrs and im going to mexico,..... Or did I ?

By the way... BOMB!
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

hahah...nice...Key thing is staying calm in that situation and you're gold...the second you panic you're toast... and FWIW when I was in Boston and used my ID (real) to buy liqour, they went to scan it and it would not work...so ya...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Its all fun and games until the ATF and FBI come smashing through your front door. Mahamad. LOL
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

lol...doubt that would happen...atleast over here anyways...most I have seen happen is the cops confinscate them. Honestly, everyone was young once in there lives, the older generation found a way to drink, I would think that they expect that the younger generation will do the same thing...not a big deal IMO...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X