When will a 5th gen V6 Comero driver join this site? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will a 5th gen V6 Comero driver join this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will a 5th gen V6 Comero driver join this site?

Anyone want to make a prediction?
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: When will a 5th gen V6 Comero driver join this site?

whats a comero?

theres a lot more v8s out there than v6's...... eventually this place will be flooded with 6's

i live in dallas where you see 4th gens at every corner. flooded with them... but i have only seen one 5th gen on the road....

once there are more out there, they will come...

Comment

Not to offend anyone or anything...

They will come when the cars are cheap enough for the "forum" clientele to afford.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post

They will come when the cars are cheap enough for the "forum" clientele to afford.
        Not necessarily. I'm sure when this board started out a majority of its members were past the "my first car" generation that many of the current ones are in. A majority of the new V6 owners will probably be more of the early to mid-20s and up crew that can actually afford the car, with the "my first car" group being the minority. Also people that already have the car are usually the ones that find these sites, as opposed to current members or soon-to-be owners trading in or buying up.

Give it some time. These cars are new and their aftermarket is just starting to grow. They also have warranties that some will want to follow and others ignore. Once someone decides they want to make their new V6 a little more fun or are trying to figure out a problem (hopefully those will be minimal), then we could see a good intake of new members.

Although, if you're in an area like I am, the demand is high and the supply is very low, so there aren't too many out yet.
        Last edited by pace2006; 05-20-2009, 01:45 AM.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post

That's true. Most of the members here are young college students or high school and bought their cars used and cheap. It will be awhile before we are flooded.

I'm sure before this year is over we'll have a couple of new 5th gen V6 members. This will be more likely the people who wish they got a V8.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

My wife is ticked I won't let her get one right now. You've got to be crazy to pay sticker price for a car that's gonna have a ton of bugs to work out.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post

theres a lot more v8s out there than v6's...... .

Really? since they have been released, Ive seen 10-15 camaro's in person in my area, and they have all been v6's.

Not sure ive seen a v8 yet, other than at the auto show.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                My wife is ticked I won't let her get one right now. You've got to be crazy to pay sticker price for a car that's gonna have a ton of bugs to work out.
                I'm almost willing to say that it might not have that many bugs. This Camaro has been announced, tested, and retested since 2005. People are actually sick and tired of hearing the big debut of the Camaro. Now that it's here it might do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                  I'm almost willing to say that it might not have that many bugs.
                  except for the battery recall on them

Comment

1)where have you been? ^i havent seen a post from you in a while.

2)at the dealership i work for there is tons of those, hell we are on RRT09-032 (they are consecutive, RRT09-001, RRT09-002 and so on) for the new 09 rams. alot of them the consumer never actually sees. An RRT is a recall on vehicles that are still in dealer inventory. All new models usually have them.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I'm almost willing to say that it might not have that many bugs. This Camaro has been announced, tested, and retested since 2005. People are actually sick and tired of hearing the big debut of the Camaro. Now that it's here it might do very well.
                      Funny - that's what the dealer said when he said we were taking one home... He would even sell it for MSRP - $34k on a V6. Except the factory hadn't actually sent him the sticker yet to see where he got the $34k.

Then he tried to sell me a new '08 ZO6 w/ 500 miles, for $2k off sticker...
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

theyre marked up bad here. the salesman here was like, yea, we're selling them right at where they are supposed to be....34k. i was like wait... that sounds about 6k off atleast jack. he started fumbling for words and changed the subject real quick and started to try and sell me a cobalt lol.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                          Funny - that's what the dealer said when he said we were taking one home... He would even sell it for MSRP - $34k on a V6. Except the factory hadn't actually sent him the sticker yet to see where he got the $34k.

Then he tried to sell me a new '08 ZO6 w/ 500 miles, for $2k off sticker...
                          at the dealership i work at, i repeat, i work at, this salesman was trying to sell me a 94 honda accord with 165k for like 4,000. that was suposedly "my price." the sticker was 6200. what BS!
                          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                            theyre marked up bad here. the salesman here was like, yea, we're selling them right at where they are supposed to be....34k. i was like wait... that sounds about 6k off atleast jack. he started fumbling for words and changed the subject real quick and started to try and sell me a cobalt lol.
                            34k, that sounds like the price of a V8.

I saw one for 27k in a chevy dealership close to me. In the mag I have it said 23k MSRP, but man are they way off.

Comment

34k, that sounds like the price of a V8.

I saw one for 27k in a chevy dealership close to me. In the mag I have it said 23k MSRP, but man are they way off.
                              The v8 that I priced for myself came out to $34,275 or something... WELL optioned.
                              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                              2006 S60- Sold
                              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X