gauging interest: shift boot retainer, and other cast aluminum parts - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gauging interest: shift boot retainer, and other cast aluminum parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauging interest: shift boot retainer, and other cast aluminum parts

DISCLAIMER: im not trying to sell anything, i just want to see if anyone would be interested in a potential future product

i know someone who can reproduce an aftermarket shift boot retainer that is made from cast aluminum, it will be an almost exact copy of the plastic stock one for manual transmissions

it shouldn't weigh too much for the people who race their cars, and will be durable enough not to snap when powershifting, or shifting hard, unlike the stock plastic piece

this is not simply going to be a bent coat hanger, but a fullsize aluminum piece

would anyone be interested in this?

if you guys could answer three questions for me, that would be great

1. Would you be interested in this? Why or why not?
    2. How much would you be willing to pay for this?
    3. Is there anything else that you guys would be interested in? Anything at all, engine wise/interior/body, etc.

The parts would be made with high quality tooling, not someone trying to make a sand cast in their backyard, someone has use a few parts on an engine in a Lotus with no problems, i can probably get some pictures if interested.

Thanks

Re: gauging interest: shift boot retainer, and other cast aluminum parts

I'd be interested in not only the shift ring, which I'd pay between $20 - $30 for, but I'd also be interested in some Engine bay covers...Perhaps a TB spacer that blocks coolant from actually entering the throttle body, brushed aluminum radio bezels and trim pieces for the interior...Shift Knobs...hell, he could make a killing off of some of this stuff with the right marketing campaign.
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
      I'd be interested in not only the shift ring, which I'd pay between $20 - $30 for, but I'd also be interested in some Engine bay covers...Perhaps a TB spacer that blocks coolant from actually entering the throttle body, brushed aluminum radio bezels and trim pieces for the interior...Shift Knobs...hell, he could make a killing off of some of this stuff with the right marketing campaign.
      awesome, thanks for your input!

Comment

radio bezel would be pretty neat.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

I'd be interested in the retainer, and engine bay covers too. Also, is it possible for your connections to make a skid pan for the bottom of the engine bay?

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

x2 on firebirdkid's comments. i need to replace my snapped plastic retainer and i'd definitely be interested in sprucing up the interior too.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

thanks, he is going to pick up a retainer from the gm dealership and make a cast, ill see how everything works out and post it up

Comment

you can't get them thru gm parts anymore
                Y87 Package
                MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                BONE APPROVED!
                VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                Team Black...TEAM EMO
                sigpic
                Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X