People caught using my CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People caught using my CC

So I get a message today from Citibank saying my credit card has some suspicious transactions on it and to call them because they have locked my account. Someone has been trying to run my CC #'s like 10 times a day for the last 3 days, I look on the computer for my account and see that only 3 only went through 2 for $20 and 1 for $8. Called them up and they said they already cancelled my card and will be sending me a statement and just circle whats not yours. I thought that was great of their credit card fraud people to catch it, she said the users will buy small dollar stuff then do a one big dollar item. They were in CA trying to buy computer items. Pissed me off but I'm glad I don't have to pay for anything and if they catch the people I can press charges. Good to know the credit card CO. is looking out for their customers.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: People caught using my CC

That's pretty good. Glad they caught it in time. Took mine 2 weeks to call about "suspicious purchases" which was me buying and downloading a game through my PS3 one night. Hopefully they'll be better about the real deal. :rolleyes:
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Yeah, theyre pretty good.

I always have to make sure to call them when I travel and tell them exactly where I will be, just so they don't lock my card when they see charges in weird places.
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

We went on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and at ST. Martins I couldn't use my credit card , I had to talk to them on the phone and answer questions, but I thought it was just great security , I don't mind it. Even when I buy something and the clerk doesn't ask for my I.D. I will point that out to him/her just because I'm use to pulling my ID with my cards all the time. But I hope they take the charges off, being $47 it won't be a problem if they don't , I like how they finally stepped up and cut them off. and will be a plus if they catch them , if they used there own address on the order.LOL I can always hope.LOL
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i got a call from my company a few years ago when i spent thousands in a few days on on camaro parts lol
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
            i got a call from my company a few years ago when i spent thousands in a few days on on camaro parts lol
            lol yeah I threw a big party and was buying a few hundred dollars of stuff at different stores

they called me about halfway through my shopping because it was out of the normal pattern of spending

they should know that you spend parts on cars by now :p
            millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

I've gotten calls too , around Christmas time when I make 3 or more purchases since normallay I use them maybe once a month or so, anything more is unusual for me.

Comment

There's so many of that happening nowadays. Glad you got on top of it.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

been taking in the past good catch

Comment

I'll be glad when they get caught since it will be a state charge against them and then a federal charge, so they'll get some time and take it in the poo poo for a couple of years.LOL

Comment

USAA stopped my card too, there were like 4-6 small transactions for "fraud protection" ironically.... I guess theres people that do that either disgusing the fraud as "fraud protection" or "credit report America" or somthing like that...

Comment

Glad they caught it before they make a big purchase, that's what the lady told me , they try little purchases then do a big one. Damm theivies , they apparently don't know the changed the laws for CC fraud and if it is a FCIC card the feds get their wack at them too when their state time is done.

Comment

I had that happen to me, my bank had a 'glitch' and a ton of the bank accounts were released, and scammers got ahold of them, including mine.

They spent a few small purchases, then one for almost 850 bucks
                          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X