newb laptop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb laptop question

I just bought a used sony vaio laptop for like 240$...going to use it to tune, and for school...not really any big tasks, I have my desktop here for that.

Question, Im looking for a battery for it that will last longer then the factory one. what does it mean when I see 8 cell battery? or I see on ebay they have some replacements that are 14.8V and 4400mAh...but a stock replacement is 11.1V 8800mAh.

I dont know what these numbers mean.

My original battery is fine, I just want something with more juice in it.

I bought a inverter for the car, but when I went on a tuning run last night, I turned the inverter on while scanning and lost my connection...when I got it back it was like anytime I was using the laptop the inverter started doing a highpitched scream. Couldnt touch anything on the laptop or it did this...It also kept interfering with my scans so I just shut it down...thought I was going to fry something...so I need a battery that has like 6 hours of life lol...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: newb laptop question

maybe try a surge protector if you're going to plug it into the inverter in the car again to protect the laptop...you can buy single outlet surge protectors.

Comment

so you think its surging?

Comment

to be honest I have no idea...but i've thought about plugging my laptop into my inverter in the car in the past and figured I better not without a surge protector.

Do you have the motomaster inverter? That thing is great for camping!

Comment

I cant remember...I have one of those 300W inverters from canadian tire...got it for like 25$ on sale lol...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            I cant remember...I have one of those 300W inverters from canadian tire...got it for like 25$ on sale lol...
            i waited till they were 70% off and got mine for 9 bucks a few years ago.

Comment

The more cells and higher mAh the longer it will last. Your not going to get 6 hours from one battery. Best bet there is to take two charged battery's with you when you scan. When one gets low shut down and switch them out.
              sigpic

Comment

^^ What he said. They probably sell a 12 or 16 cell replacement battery for that laptop, go to the sony viao website and look it up and see what fits, then search the model number in froogle and find it cheaper somewhere else.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X