Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies at 83 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies at 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies at 83

Paul Newman, the Oscar-winning superstar who personified cool as the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money" — followed by a second act as an activist, race car driver and popcorn impresario — has died. He was 83.
    Newman died Friday at his farmhouse near Westport following a long battle with cancer, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

Some of the best movies he made: "Exodus," "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "The Verdict," "The Sting" and "Absence of Malice."

Some of my favorites:

'Hudsucker Proxy'

'Cool Hand Luke'

'The Color of Money'

'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'

I'm definately going to miss this guy. He was a race car enthuthiast and he was great in the kitchen too. I love his spagetti sauce.

R.I.P

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies at 83

Loved Newman in Road to Perdition too. (Tom Hanks flick, very good movie.) He drove the hell out of some cars too for an old fella. May he RIP.

Comment

bummer.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4 View Post
        Loved Newman in Road to Perdition too. (Tom Hanks flick, very good movie.) He drove the hell out of some cars too for an old fella. May he RIP.
        I forgot about that one. That's a good movie too.

Comment

I never cared for him too much since his bad words about IMS and Indy in general. He took them back after the merger, but the scars remain. Those who are ingrained into racing tradition such as Paul Newman would know better than to say such sacriligious things. So its no loss to me if he is dead or alive.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

maybe its cause im young but up until about a year ago i thought he was just famous for spaghetti sauce and organic dog food, later i found out he was an actor, when i read this thread i found out he liked cars.

i dont guess you can miss what you never knew

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
              I never cared for him too much since his bad words about IMS and Indy in general. He took them back after the merger, but the scars remain. Those who are ingrained into racing tradition such as Paul Newman would know better than to say such sacriligious things. So its no loss to me if he is dead or alive.
              But that was a while back. People are always entitled to their opinion whether we agree with it or not. That's what it means to be American, but in his case he took it back.

Comment

wasn't he the voice of the hudson hornet in "Cars," too?
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                  But that was a while back. People are always entitled to their opinion whether we agree with it or not. That's what it means to be American, but in his case he took it back.
                  He sure did take it back, but its hard to explain if you've never lived in Indy, or been out to the Motor Speedway in May. I try to explain my self well, but this time, I can't. You'd have to grow up there, at that place. Its the reason why we hate Jacque Villenueve. You'd just have to be there to understand.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X