starting an ebay business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting an ebay business

I'm thinking about starting an ebay business to make a bit of cash on the side. I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme, just a few extra bucks a week to put in my pocket would be great. Anyone out there sell anything on ebay? I'm looking for a good product to start with...an ideas?

I'm also looking to take advantage of the lack of sellers in Canada...everytime I go to buy something on Ebay I can't find Canadian sellers, so I've gotta buy American and then pay duty.

Re: starting an ebay business

I sell damn near everything i can on ebay lol. Try to stay away from dropshippers if possible. I have yet to find one that actually works. They either charge you fees to the point where you're not making any money, or their products are flooded on ebay to the point where you wont sell them.

I look for deal for stuff all the time on craigslist, flea markets, junk yards, yard sales, thrift stores and then sell that junk on ebay. It has been the most profitable way for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhobbz View Post

I look for deal for stuff all the time on craigslist, flea markets, junk yards, yard sales, thrift stores and then sell that junk on ebay. It has been the most profitable way for me.
      You say profitable, but what kind of profit? Is it really worth the time? I've got maybe 3-4 hours a week to spare.

Also, what sorts of things are you selling? Anything in particular that you really look for?

Comment

sell information. u will get some neg feedback but u will make $$
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
          You say profitable, but what kind of profit? Is it really worth the time? I've got maybe 3-4 hours a week to spare.

Also, what sorts of things are you selling? Anything in particular that you really look for?
          4-500 for anywhere from 6-8 hours work, sounds profitable for me. I don't really have anything specific I kind of just pick and choose. Last couple times i scrounged up a few nice 4 barrel edlebrock 1402's at the junkyard that i ended up getting 100 each out of them, paid $30 for both of them. I've seen some interesting **** at thrift stores and flea markets too like old watches and coins, and even hand bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
            sell information. u will get some neg feedback but u will make $$
            +1 thats the best way to do it.

Comment

information?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                information?
                yes, like an e-book or something or information how to get a cheap xbox or some bs
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                  information?
                  You can always sell info on "How to become a post whore in gazillion forums" :D

:)
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I made a little bit of money selling crap from amazon on ebay. its nice because you don't have to deal with ****. However, you gotta get really lucky, after like 40 hours or so of work I made like, $10 after fees. Thats not really a great wage. But if you find stuff you can get a really good deal on (promo price, etc) thats where you make the bucks.

Also yes, people are idiots and will buy stuff on ebay for more than it costs on amazon. But remember, you gotta beat the damn ebay fees. so if you only make $2 per sale, and make to pay .50 on fees, well, that sucks

Comment

^by the way way, I've some valuable "information" in that department. I'd be willing to chronicle all my ebay experience and tips for like...$5. hahaha. I'm serious though

Comment

iv been selling wholesale lists. for a few weeks making 50-100 each week

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                          ^by the way way, I've some valuable "information" in that department. I'd be willing to chronicle all my ebay experience and tips for like...$5. hahaha. I'm serious though
                          hmm...have any info on product suppliers?

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
                          iv been selling wholesale lists. for a few weeks making 50-100 each week
                          wholesale lists? What is that exactly? Like lists of wholesale suppliers or...?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X