good week! 2 running cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good week! 2 running cars!

I bought a truck last year. got pulled over the morning after i bought it because apparently it had fake inspection stickers. went through a lot of BS with the guy I bought it from... he hasnt been very helpful. I also couldnt get the damn thing to pass inspection.

Over a year later, and I threw down the cash to get it to pass. Legit catalytic converter (had a gutted one on it), dynomax exhaust (previous system was ghetto... dumped under the cab), took off the nitrous (pretty ghetto setup anyways) and took care of a bunch of small things.

Its a 92 dakota 5.2 (with 5.9 top end), has 170,000 miles on the body... 6x,xxx on the engine. Runs like a charm now! Spins the tires with no effort, pulls like a raped ape.

Also got my car inspected. The bolts holding the y-pipe on to the collectors kept coming loose/falling out, and i was basically running open headers. after replacing them, I still heard a bad leak, and assumed it was the EGR (which I've fixed 4 times). Took it to get inspected, threw it up on a lift. nothing wrong with the EGR, just those bolts again. Replaced them all, nice and tight. Sounds great! I was also emissions exempt apparently, seeing as I had only driven it 3500 miles or something. I thought I had to file paperwork to be exempt, but apparently it goes through automatically. nice to know!

pretty pointless post, I'm just happy! I need to get them washed and get some good pictures.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: good week! 2 running cars!

Cool, get some pics up - :)
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

sweet, sounds good

Comment

Post a vid of the truck haulin' raped ape.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

pics please
          my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

yeah i remember when you were going to buy that truck and then you tried to sell it well at least you got that all taken care of

Comment

i envy you.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

rape ape!!
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Yeah, i guess im still debating selling the truck to get a bike or something... but I'm having fun with it in the meantime. I won't be able to make my money back, so I might just keep it...
                  These are the newest pictures I have, none of the two together though.

(i love the back window tint...)
                  2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                  2006 S60- Sold

Comment

and then the newest of my camaro, if you havent seen it...

2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Lovin the hoods on both the truck and the car man!!! Sick rides

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X