'96 'Bird LED Tail Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 'Bird LED Tail Lights

Finally got the LEDs all put in. Basically, they're just LED bulbs with internal resistors. They look sweet, but the pic just barely does them justice. First pic, just seeing if I can get the pic to download. Here goes. Wow! It worked! Anyway, these are the just the brake lights without running lights. They're way brighter than the regular bulbs and run much cooler. Odds are, they take less energy also.

Re: '96 'Bird LED Tail Lights

I'd like to see a picture in broad daylight with the sun behind you. That's when the weakness of LEDs come out over incandescents. Though they look brighter at night, in the day time often they are almost impossible to see. What kind did you go with?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I grabbed them from one of those vendors on Ebay, but each brake bulb is like 57 LEDs, as well as the backups, then I threw in 19LED 194s for the sides. Could only go 5s for the side markers, but 18s for the CHMSL.

I will try to get a daylight pic set up. I run almost the same setup in the bike and they are clearly brighter in the day, but insane at night.
      Last edited by steddy; 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

were the bulbs just a swap out? since ive never seen the tailights of the 93-97 models or was their some modifying

Comment

Just a bulb swap out.

Comment

oh, looks nice by the way...sorry for not saying it sooner...could you do the same with the 98-02?guessing yes since its just a swap

Comment

Are you please with the third brake light?

I think it looks great, especially with the LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
                oh, looks nice by the way...sorry for not saying it sooner...could you do the same with the 98-02?guessing yes since its just a swap
                I'm not sure if the rears are 3057s (blade type) or 1157s, but yeah, they should work fine. I found that if I at least left 1 regular bulb (I kept the front 194s) in line on each side, there was no funkiness occurring within the blinker system. The biggest noticeable difference is when I turn on a blinker, the volt gauge no longer moves with the fluctuation, probably because they barely use the voltage now. Thank you for the compliment. I'm sure your's will look dynamite also. :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                  Are you please with the third brake light?

I think it looks great, especially with the LEDs.
                  Man, it came out awesome with the LEDs thing is REAL bright. I managed to get it on as soon as the car came back from the body shop and it just worked. Glad I picked it up and thanks for selling it to me. Just kind of set off the whole thing, considering that the "Firebird" logo was worn off when I bought the car back in 2000.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X