question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

when a gas station goes out of bus. do they HAVE to remove the in-ground gas tanks? i've noticed the past couple weeks companys removing those big a$$ tanks from the ground.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: question

I dunno.... they might, or it could just be a market to make it harder for a competitor to take over.

I know when my company closes down movie theatres, they remove all the seats, hammer off the anchors so they are broken off in the concrete, slice down the screens and soundfolds.

This makes it harder for someone to put seats in and movie theatre screeens can be $10-20,000 so makes it alot harder for a competitor to come in and start up a small theatre in its place.

Comment

Alot of gas stations are removing their metal tanks to replace them with composite ones. It seems like a law or something was passed that requires all metal tanks to be replaced by a certain date.

And yes, if a gas station closes, the tanks must be removed if that land is to be used for anything but a gas station.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

yea they have to pull the tanks.....and a law was passed that by 2010 there can be no steel in ground tanks

Comment

yeah if anyone wants to use the land for anything but a gas station, they have to do some hevty digging/soil cleaning.
          Thats why you often see closed down gas stations sitting around for ever, because no one wants to hand over the hefty fee inorder to make the land usable.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X