so i'm on my way home from band practice... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i'm on my way home from band practice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i'm on my way home from band practice...

and i'm just cruisin'. It was about 10:00 PM and it was cooling off, so i had the windows up. i'm ridin' along and all of sudden i hear this really loud whooshing sound that caught me off guard. For a couple seconds i just sat there goin "wtf is that?". I moved my hand, cause i have a tendency to lay my hand on the window switch by accident. i look over and the window is all the way up, only i can clearly see the outline of the top of the window...****...i raised my hand up and it went right over the top of the windshield. ****!. It took me a second to actually hit the brakes and turn around. i turned the car around, cut the brights on and started walkin back down the highway w/ my light til i found the frame. All that was left of my passenger side ttop was the seal w/ little tiny pieces of glass stuck to it and half of what still vaguely resembled the mounting hardware for the top. I still cant believe i didnt make damn sure it was locked down...i'm so kickin myself in the @$$ right now, cuz i have to either A)hit up the wanted section or hit the junkyard...

BE SURE TO LOCK UR TOPS PEOPLE!!!

(please, someone share more ttop stories, to keep me from feeling so stupid) :rolleyes:

Re: so i'm on my way home from band practice...

and one, in band camp.............

there are quite a few t-top threads on this.

from dfb: http://www.dayton-fbody.com/DFBAbb/viewtopic.php?t=1390
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

that sucks man, i feel for ya... i always close them down with the bar thing, but i hardley ever lock them with the key...i don't see the point in that

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6 View Post
        that sucks man, i feel for ya... i always close them down with the bar thing, but i hardley ever lock them with the key...i don't see the point in that
        i never lock mine with the key, but this time i guess i just forgot to make sure it was "locked" in place with the lever after i got the interior back together :(..oh well, thats how you learn i guess

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
          i never lock mine with the key, but this time i guess i just forgot to make sure it was "locked" in place with the lever after i got the interior back together :(..oh well, thats how you learn i guess
          i don't see the point in the key lock... i mean, is somebody going to break into your car and jack your t-tops? lol, or do you just randomly turn the lever and drive off, so you need to lock them down? it seems almost pointless

Comment

the only use i can think of is if you left your car with the windows down alot, and didnt want anyone taking them (seeing the price of ttops on ebay, i can see why some folks would steal them! lol), or if like, there was a kid in ur household who might grab the handle on the highway...safety i guess

so wutcha think, should i just get one new top or go ahead and pickup a set?

Comment

the only use i can think of is if you left your car with the windows down alot, and didnt want anyone taking them (seeing the price of ttops on ebay, i can see why some folks would steal them! lol), or if like, there was a kid in ur household who might grab the handle on the highway...safety i guess

so wutcha think, should i just get one new top or go ahead and pickup a set?
              i would check the local junk yard first and see what they have

Comment

that's the plan...maybe they wont completely bend me over a table pricewise

Comment

Maybe the Junkyards have gotten more inventory in since I went diggin. But when I went I didnt see not a car with ttops past 87

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                    Maybe the Junkyards have gotten more inventory in since I went diggin. But when I went I didnt see not a car with ttops past 87
                    yea, i really hope i get lucky...gahhhh, i really hate to give up rims cuz of a set of $100 ttops

Comment

yea, i really hope i get lucky...gahhhh, i really hate to give up rims cuz of a set of $100 ttops
                      I told you those folks in elizabeth city man 100 for windsheild and ttops you could probly get the tops for 50

Comment

Sucks to hear! The way I set up the weatherstripping and how it's sealing on mine though, there shouldn't be any air getting under the top anyway, so I shouldn't have to worry about it falling off even if they aren't fully secured. Sure not taking any chances though. Just have to remember to make sure they are secured.

Good luck finding another one for cheap!
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yea man, i'm really hoping. there's gotta be a junk camaro sittin' somewhere around here w/ ttops

Comment

hahhahha thats funny. i saw it happen on the highway before. not to be....i lock my t tops hehe
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

lol that's messed up Kristen!

i guess if ida been infront of someone who had it happen and saw it in the rearview or somethin, i would probably laugh, but only cuz i've earned the right to laugh by being dumb enough to let it happen to me lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X