This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimensions of a T5?

so yeah, i found a t5 locally for $100 and i'm picking it up this weekend. cant wait to get all the parts together and do the swap.

anyway. only problem is the rest of the family is going away this weekend, taking the truck and two jeeps (different peoples goin different places) so i'm left with my camaro or my 86 caprice (which i'd rather not take on a long drive, thought im sure you could fit anything in it's trunk.)

so will it fit in my camaro? i assume i could just fold down the back seat and put it on top there, but i dont know how long it is. i mean i assume itll fit but if anyone knows for sure thatd be great.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Re: dimensions of a T5?

should fit in the back seat, just lay it across the seats and youll be fine.

Comment

take your passenger seat out. 4 bolts, it would be easier to get it in and out. A t-5 weighs ~100 pounds
      Last edited by Meatyshells; 06-18-2008, 01:16 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
        take your passenger seat out. 4 bolts, it would be easier to get it in and out. A t-5 weighs ~100 pounds
        Those bolts are in some cramped spaces though, and if im not mistaken they may have a plastic cover held in by a screw over the bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
          this sounds like the most sensible thing...

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
            Those bolts are in some cramped spaces though,
            just slide the seat all the way forward for the back bolts, and then all the way back for the front bolts...done in like 6 minutes

and if im not mistaken they may have a plastic cover held in by a screw over the bolts
            you are mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
              ...you are mistaken
              really? both my 95 and the 98 from which my seats came had little black "boots" over the ends of the seat brackets

but yea, just take the seat out. if you put it in the back and have to maneuver quickly, it'll smack up against ur seat, the sail panels and maybe rip cloth and such...if its in the passenger floorboard and you have to maneuver for something, you can just reach over and steady it with ur hand

Comment

jeesh people, I whored this info out just a bit ago.........

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=90673
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

just slide the seat all the way forward for the back bolts, and then all the way back for the front bolts...done in like 6 minutes

you are mistaken
                  no he's not, they do have little black RUBBER boots over the threads and nuts on both passenger and driver side.

to the op; yeah, it will fit in the back seat, let me know if you need any info on doing the conversion! gl
                  Last edited by Firebirdkid96; 06-18-2008, 06:36 AM.
                  Y87 Package
                  MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                  Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                  BONE APPROVED!
                  VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                  KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                  Team Black...TEAM EMO
                  sigpic
                  Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Most f-bodies do have little rubber boots. Don't forget the 2 phillips head screws for theseatbelt guide.

As for the T5, if you take the bellhousing off it will most likely fit in the trunk as well. Whatever you do just put it in like 12 garbage bags and make sure you empty it. Fluid will pour out the tailshaft and shifter hole.

i shoudl sell my stuff I got from the junkyard, its a chopped down shifter and a cap for the tailshaft so you can transport it without spilling fluid.

Comment

when i bought my t5, i put in my trunk bellhousing and all. only thing that sucked was picking it up out of the dip from such an awkward angle.
                      1999 v6 Camaro M5
                      Automatic to Manual converted
                      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

you are mistaken
                        Well if im so mistaken then why the hell did I have to do it when I helped 95astrovan do a interior swap??

^^^^
                        Stick that in your *** DOOD!

Comment

Well if im so mistaken then why the hell did I have to do it when I helped 95astrovan do a interior swap??

^^^^

Comment

^^^^
                            woa, someone is mad

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan View Post
                              really? both my 95 and the 98 from which my seats came had little black "boots" over the ends of the seat brackets
                              Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
                              no he's not, they do have little black RUBBER boots over the threads and nuts on both passenger and driver side.
                              l

^^^^
                              If I may direct your attention to the original post I was responding to

and if im not mistaken they may have a plastic cover held in by a screw over the bolts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X