There’s one born again every minute. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There’s one born again every minute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s one born again every minute.

Send a message to yourself. If you receive the message you will know the rapture happened.

'Saved'? Site Lets You Send E-mails Post-Rapture
    Youvebeenleftbehind.com Lets Saved Christians Send Emails From Heaven
    By ASHLEY PHILLIPS
    June 10, 2008 —

A new Web site is offering a first-of-its-kind service: sending e-mails to nonbelieving friends and family who are "left behind" after you are whisked away by God in the rapture.

The site Youvebeenleftbehind.com offers users the ability to store e-mails and documents that will be sent to up to 63 e-mail addresses six days after the rapture has occurred. Users get up to 250 megabytes of storage space, 150 megabytes of it encrypted for sensitive information such as bank account numbers or eTrade passwords that can be accessed by those who remain on earth.

In evangelical Christian theology, the rapture is marked by a sudden visit from God, in which Christians will be whisked away to heaven while remaining nonbelievers will live on earth for seven years under the rule of the anti-Christ, until God returns with his followers to rule heaven and earth.

Billed as the last chance to "snatch them from the flames," Youvebeenleftbehind.com is the month-old brainchild of Mark Heard, a 49-year-old supermarket shelf-stocker who lives in Cape Cod, Mass.
    "You've Been Left Behind gives you one last opportunity to reach your lost family and friends For Christ," the site reads. "Imagine being in the presence of the Lord and hearing all of heaven rejoice over the salvation of your loved ones. It is our prayer that this site makes it happen."

Heard says it's also a way to pass on financial information to loved ones who remain on earth before God's return.

"The idea started for me in 1999 when I was& trading equities online and trying to think, 'How I can send my password to my wife if the Rapture happened at this moment?'" he said.

Jeff Vacarro, a 34-year-old computer programmer in San Diego who runs the Web site Godsurfer.com, which allows users to post and rank Christian-based Web content, signed up for the service when he saw it covered on another news site last week.

Although Vacarro hasn't uploaded any messages just yet, he says that he plans to construct e-mails that give the non-believers in his life a nudge along with Bible passages. "I like the idea behind it," said Vacarro, "It would be one final, 'Hey guys, maybe you need to check this out further & I haven't figured out what I want to say yet." Despite the promise of encryption, Vacarro said he wasn't planning to save personal financial information on the site. "I'm not going to put any of my financial documents up, but sending out an e-mail who to those who don't believe & when this does happen, I thought, 'Why not?'" he said.

Security experts generally recommend only using data storage services that are well-known with a proven track record and that detail the type of security used on their sites.

Perhaps the trickiest detail for Heard was devising a way for the digital service to determine the spiritual fates of its clients. How will the Web site know when the rapture has come?

Heard, who wouldn't reveal how many people have signed up for the service, has set up his e-mail server with what he calls a "fail-safe" clause: if three of his five employees fail to log on to their work accounts after six days, the service will be triggered and the e-mails be sent out.

"We don't want these things to go out early," he said. "Nobody knows the day or the hour of the rapture," he said. "It's really an any-minute situation."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/sto...5029712&page=1
    Last edited by Bonemaro; 06-10-2008, 02:12 PM.

Lounge Moderator

Re: There’s one born again every minute.

To be honest, I have a feeling that he will be waiting a loooong time, haha.

Comment

sounds like a good idea. but the whole sending it out thing might be a difficult one to think up

Comment

If you trust a "49-year-old supermarket shelf-stocker" with all of your private data and financial documents, you are an idiot. Then again, if you sign up for this, you are probably not bright enough to have amassed much wealth.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird View Post
          If you trust a "49-year-old supermarket shelf-stocker" with all of your private data and financial documents, you are an idiot. Then again, if you sign up for this, you are probably not bright enough to have amassed much wealth.
          ***quietly closes account***

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Wealth is not a part of everyone's aspirations. What he does at work doesn't necessarily reflect what he can do.

That being said, I wouldn't trust him with my financial information either, and I'm not convinced that site is a good idea.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
              Wealth is not a part of everyone's aspirations. What he does at work doesn't necessarily reflect what he can do.

That being said, I wouldn't trust him with my financial information either, and I'm not convinced that site is a good idea.
              Of course not. But one of the premise of the service is to mail your financial information to loved ones. I assert if one falls for this, you probably have been parted from your finances already - or will be before the rapture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
                ***quietly closes account***
                You crack me up, JIM.

Comment

You crack me up, JIM.
                  Please, call me Bone.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Of course not. But one of the premise of the service is to mail your financial information to loved ones. I assert if one falls for this, you probably have been parted from your finances already - or will be before the rapture.
                    Agreed. The financial and personal data part took it too far. I can, however see and interest in the basic idea of the site; an effort to reach those who are "left behind."

Again, that being said, I'm not interested in visiting the site.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

You think? Good observation.:rolleyes:
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

so did i miss the part where it says how he plans to send these messages once hes in heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
                          so did i miss the part where it says how he plans to send these messages once hes in heaven?
                          Yes..

Heard, who wouldn't reveal how many people have signed up for the service, has set up his e-mail server with what he calls a "fail-safe" clause: if three of his five employees fail to log on to their work accounts after six days, the service will be triggered and the e-mails be sent out.

"We don't want these things to go out early," he said. "Nobody knows the day or the hour of the rapture," he said. "It's really an any-minute situation."
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I can, however see and interest in the basic idea of the site; an effort to reach those who are "left behind."
                            Assuming it is free or very inexpensive, then the idea of e-mailing from beyond has merit for those who believe, I guess.

That gives me a good idea though. Send e-mail to my entire address book stating the rapture has come, and I am e-mailing from beyond and noting they have been left behind.
                            Last edited by SpeedingFirebird; 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM. Reason: My friends don't believe in this crap though...

Comment

I would think the rapture coming and being left behind would be enough to convince me. Do I really need emails from my friends saying, "I told you so"?

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X