Yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday...

Yesterday I was out riding, it was a nice day and decided to take 3 of my quads out to a local track. Alot of trails, steep hill-climbs that ended up PWNING me twice, and a huge MX track.

It was pretty hot, and I brought one of my buddies along to go riding, we trailered up around 7:30am and headed out.

We were riding for awhile and everything was going good, when the breeze picked up and the air turned really cool, it was refreshing but I knew a storm was moving in. We blazed up a 500-600ft hill out of the valley and up to the ridge, where we saw the clouds got really dark, and were spinning right over top of us pretty fast. I said, holy crap I bet theres going to be a tornado, not even 30 seconds later a tornado dropped out of the sky maybe 200yds from us.

First thought was to get the hell out of there, but the only way out was to go into the valley, and they say if a tornado gets in a valley to pretty much stay there for awhile, but pretty quickly we realized it was going the other way. The weather turned crap pretty quick like... so we started to head back to the parking lot.

By the time we got to the lot, the weather was rediculous!... Heaviest Rain I think ive ever experienced, thunder and lighting so close you could feel your heart skip a beat. I freaking LOVE storms and violent weather so I was pretty excited until we got back to the parking lot, and some jack-@ss was pulling out of his parking spot in a brand new ford 4-door truck, doing a powerslide attempting to do a donut, but the parking lot was so flooded, and the slippery clay he lost control, slid into a toyota avalon parked right next to us. Hit it pretty hard, moved the car about 2 ft from it's original parking spot.

He then puts it in reverse and attempts to back up, now losing control and swiped my trailer.

My trailer is extremely heavy, and built like a brick sh!t house... didnt even move my trailer but he wasnt going as fast as he was when he smoked the car. Only did more damage to his truck

So as Im watching this guy drive like a moron, I took down his license plate #, because I had a feeling he wasnt going to tell anyone. We waited for awhile until the rain let up, so we could change out of our wet, muddy clothes into dry clothes so I didnt get my interior dirty, and carefully drove up to the front office and I reported the guy.

I told them someone in the parking lot was fukcing around and slid into a car, then backed into my trailer and left. At first they were kind of like okay? why are you telling us... but then they realized the people werent at their car, and they didnt know about it. I gave them all the information, truck type, color, license plate # etc... and the vehicle it hit... and then the owner of the place got really interested, it was his daughters car the guy had hit.

He was so mad, so he took down my name and phone # in case the sheriffs office needed to ask me any questions, and he thanked me, and said from now on, any time I come to ride there, It's free.

YAY! :banana:

All in all, it was fun, but I had a couple nasty roll-overs and walked away limping & soaking wet but it's all part of the fun.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: Yesterday...

Tornado's powersliding and 4 wheeling. I need to go out there ASAP.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

thats sick...see what happens when you are responsible and a good sumaritan....I hate when people see stuff like that and never report it or leave notes.

How come you didnt confront the guy when he hit your trailor though?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Sounds like fun, I'm always that dumby sitting on the front porch when a hurricane rolls through.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        Prolly cause most people that would do that in the first place are *******s and if no damage was done it's not worth the hassle most of the time. Just what I'm thinking
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc View Post
          Prolly cause most people that would do that in the first place are *******s and if no damage was done it's not worth the hassle most of the time. Just what I'm thinking
          true, still I get soo rattled when crap like that happens, I think I would find it difficult not to confront him

Comment

true, still I get soo rattled when crap like that happens, I think I would find it difficult not to confront him
            Believe me I understand. I was driving behine some idiot that ran over a semi tire it flew up and slammed into my right front fender. It took everything I had not to PIT the ***** at 70 mph. If I had realized how badly the metal in the tire scratched my fender at the time I would have.

Comment

dude that sounds pretty exciting. i need to get back into motocross. i love atvs as well but i'd get myself killed quick fast and in a hurry if i had one.

Comment

wow, sweet good deal for you... reminds me of how i want a cheap dirt bike or quad... :)

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner View Post
                  I need to go out there ASAP.
                  Who said illinois can't be fun

thats sick...see what happens when you are responsible and a good sumaritan....I hate when people see stuff like that and never report it or leave notes.

The reason I reported him, is because I know that If I came back to my truck and found damage to it, and nobody reported it, id be so f'ing pist id probably kill someone.

I didnt really confront him about the trailer because he was going slow enough not to damage my heavy steel trailer, but he hit it right on the back corner, and just damaged his truck even further.

I figured getting his license plates and turning him in were enough, if I had a nice enclosed trailer, I probably would have flipped out.

Pretty much, wasnt worth the hassle... and Ive been getting in trouble lately and the last thing I need is to flip out and hit someone with a steel pipe again.

I know the feeling...

Originally posted by tmon930 View Post
                  dude that sounds pretty exciting. i need to get back into motocross. i love atvs as well but i'd get myself killed quick fast and in a hurry if i had one.
                  ATV's are alot of fun, I've come close to killing myself several times, and ive watched a very close friend of mine get airlifted via helicopter from our riding spot due to serious injuries, his parents were even flown to this hospital because they thought he would die before he got a chance to go into surgery.

Originally posted by t-topV6 View Post
                  wow, sweet good deal for you... reminds me of how i want a cheap dirt bike or quad... :)
                  Find one, you can get some good deals on craigslist. You can also get burned badly so know what your looking at.
                  *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                    Pretty much, wasnt worth the hassle... and Ive been getting in trouble lately and the last thing I need is to flip out and hit someone with a steel pipe again.

:eek: I sense there's a story to go with that.

Comment

When did you move to Illinois? I thought you lived in FL?
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado
                      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

:eek: I sense there's a story to go with that.
                        Yea, preferably not on this site...

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                        When did you move to Illinois? I thought you lived in FL?
                        I went to school in florida, graduated and moved home to Illinois. :D
                        *Matt

Comment

I went to school in florida, graduated and moved home to Illinois. :D
                          Bah!! :tdown:

jk
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado
                          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Yea, preferably not on this site...
                            you brought it up.....

Comment

was it col. mustard in the study?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X