why no one works on my cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why no one works on my cars

so i'm driving home from my vac-k in tennessee, about 520 miles into the trip on 81. i driving doing 70, and all of a sudden my front pass side break caliper locked up and the break caliper bracket bolts came out. everything died there. i rotor was bent to he!l, caliper was bent in half(almost) my rim was the shape of an egg and the break lines got ripped out.

the car stalled and made me fish tail into the other lanes. cars were flying by me trying not to hit me. i turned the car back on, but it wouldn't move. so i dumped the clutch and the car hopped into the middle median. well half in. the front was in the gas the rear was in the lane still.

we all got out of the car. and i called aaa. 3 mins later the safty partol showed up. boxed me in and what not so no one could hit me.

i got towed to a local chevy dealer(elliot chevy in virgina)

now when i got this car i got it cause it was freaking gm certified and full warranties.

they take the car apart and tell me it can't be covered under the warranties. i started to freak. i said why not. they told me that the break braket bolts had backed themselfs out and that threads where still there. and that the break pads were not gm certified pads. so that voided the warranties.

i went off. i never touched that car. i got it 6 weeks ago and i wasn't going to pay for it.

so they called the dealership where i got the car and started to fight with them telling them that they screwed up. the dealership where i got it tryed to play games saying that they never even sold the car to me. in the end the dealship that i got the car from paid for the repairs since they had on record that they did change the breaks.

this all happened around 2-5 pm on wednesday. and my mom and brother had to be home. so we had to rent a car and still drive the rest of the 6 hrs home.

but now i still need to call them today to get money back for a rental car and 3 tanks of gas.

long story short......1600 in damages, 60 bucks for the rental car, 120 in gas.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

the night before i left i was check everything and turned the air on for the first time. and it didn't work. no cold air. i have a hole in the condensor. so now i have to put the car away again to get that fixed. warranties are a good thing.

it's a great car and i got about 40.2 mpg doing 70.

this is why i don't trust people to touch my cars.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: why no one works on my cars

Wow, that is some story. For a brand new car that is a shame. Lucky all of you did not get hurt.

Comment

same reason nobody touches my cars.....at least you held onto your car a little bit

Comment

At least it didnt start on fire, twice. haha...
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i thought you were talking about the camaro. then realized you said you were driving the cobalt down. but still, daaaaum.

Comment

nice to see ur ok tho :tup: you dont trust them dealerships and i dont trust my dad, something always gets scratched or dirtied when he drives it.lol

Comment

wow 40mpg with the cobalt ?
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

cobalt ss supercharged! but that was allllllllllll highway. with a city and highway i get about 36mpg daily
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

sucks... Just don't take **** from dealers...

but on a side note, don't be a ****ing pyscho as well. On the G6 boards(almost all are under warranty) There are guys that say, "one day my window made a screeching noise as I opened it, but only that once and never again and nothing seemed out of the norm except for that. SO I took my car to 12 different dealers to find the problem!, and they can't!!!!!" Just saying sometimes people abuse the dealers as well... They may be thinking young person sporty car maybe ****ed it up, screwing around and don't want to pay. But obviously not the case...

Blame it on the crowds that mod their cars break them put them back to stock and get dealerships to fix them.

I get my oil changes at the dealer ($6.34, free I just pay for filter, not worth the hassle to do myself) Keep the paperwork in a file, along with everything else, and I plan to do every repair right on the bat that GM reccomends.

Only had one of my vanity mirror flaps broken, got a new one when I got an oil change for free and kept the paperwork on it.

Figure, this way I'll be able to take advange of all 5 years of my warranty if I have records.
                  Last edited by DAS BOOT; 06-09-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

You are lucky no one hit you! Glad you are OK. :tup:

Unfortunately, the dealers playing games does not surprise me. :( I hear about this kind of sh!t all of the time.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird View Post
                      You are lucky no one hit you! Glad you are OK. :tup:
                      That's 'cause she has mad driving skillz.

x2 though on your well being.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X