Big Brown Lost the triple crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Brown Lost the triple crown

wow. well i really did not mean to step on everybody's toes...so before we enter WWIII over this deal. We all have our own opinions....we are all going to believe what we want to believe no matter what anybody else says. so i've put in my .02 and i think thats good.. and just for the record I know ALL horses aren't treated well...but a GOOD PORTION of them get better care than MOST people do...and as far as it being up to the horse goes...SOME of them probably would do those things that josh98 says...look at professional baseball...they do the same things. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
      :bs: do you really believe everything you see on tv?
      I only believe everything I read on forums :D
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I live in Corona, Calif. It's next next to Norco, which is Northern Corona and it is known as Horse Country. Horses are treated with royalty, esp. thorough breeds. Degreet77 would know more because for one thing he owns horses: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=91097

It be cool to hear from Pathogen. She and her family trains and own horses.

Sure some are some are treated badly and wind up on some guy's plate or turned into glue or even to violin strings, but most of them are treated good. Why should we believe TV programs like the one you pointed out? These are the same people who reported lead poisoning in public schools' drinking fountain. They made it sound like everybody was dying from it, but in truth there's not one report of students getting sick from it.

But never the less, the country now has to spend 12 billion dollars to fix it because some so called TV news program blew the lid.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
          I live in Corona, Calif. It's next next to Norco, which is Northern Corona and it is known as Horse Country. Horses are treated with royalty, esp. thorough breeds. Degreet77 would know more because for one thing he owns horses: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=91097

It be cool to hear from Pathogen. She and her family trains and own horses.

Sure some are some are treated badly and wind up on some guy's plate or turned into glue or even to violin strings, but most of them are treated good. Why should we believe TV programs like the one you pointed out? These are the same people who reported lead poisoning in public schools' drinking fountain. They made it sound like everybody was dying from it, but in truth there's not one report of students getting sick from it.

But never the less, the country now has to spend 12 billion dollars to fix it because some so called TV news program blew the lid.
          Must be easy to generalize everything in the world. If you generalize everything, then everything has its bad and good. Its dumb. Case in point, I don't remember Bryant Gumbel EVER reporting anything about lead in public schools. I actually happen to put some faith in the shows reporting, and if they say that there is some stuff going on with thoroughbreds, then im going to guess there is some truth to it. You have to figure about KEEPING a race horse. That horse really can't do anything other than race, and since they usually don't race past the age of 6 or so, what are you going to do with it the rest of its natural life? Keep it and breed them? What if the horse is a constant loser at the track? You think any breeder in their right mind is going to breed a losing horse? HELL NO. Breeders want WINNERS, plain and simple. You're not going to keep a losing horse around, feed it, take care of it, for breeding purposes. Its pointless. Watch the damn show, get back to me.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

^ok give me a link to a working video of it and i will watch it....i searched and didn't find one...and i am not going to pay to see something that i probably won't agree with....

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
              ^ok give me a link to a working video of it and i will watch it....i searched and didn't find one...and i am not going to pay to see something that i probably won't agree with....
              It sounds as if its worthless for you to watch it anyway.

If you already have it set in your mind that you're not going to agree with it, the odds are that you're not going to end up agreeing with it.

Open-mindedness > Egomania
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Now I know how columbus must have felt trying to convince people the earth wasn't flat. Ignorance=Stupidity
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc View Post
                  Now I know how columbus must have felt trying to convince people the earth wasn't flat. Ignorance=Bliss
                  Fix't.
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

haha...call me ignorant all you'd like...but seeing as how i am the one with horses and all of you are not....well....that speaks for itself...and at least i admit to not agreeing with something...all of you seem to have your mind made up in the other direction and won't listen to anything anybody else has to say on the subject....i am amazed that you guys can watch one show and think you are experts....i admit i am no expert on horse racing...but i've lived with horses my entire life...i think i know a thing a two about them...oh and i am still waiting for a link to that....

Comment

There is no link. Get the podcast. Can't link things from HBO unless I take the time out of my day to find it on the slim hope of youtube. The episode is not more than a month old, so odds are, I won't be able to find a link. Get the podcast, it has the info about it.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

^ i will look...although to be honest i have never done anything with a podcast, might be coming to you guys for help with that...lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X