Cherish your family and friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherish your family and friends

Because life is short. My best friend has grown up taking care of his mother who has been injured from a job accident his entire life. He was the one of us that had to grow up and mature before others. He had a job before any of us, has had to pay for everything and has no other family to help out. Over xmas his father, whom he sees little of, was diagnosed with brain deterioration (spelling?)

Anyways, my buddy has had to work, go to school, and drive to the nursing home to care for his father and spend lasting moments with him for the past few months. I found out that his dad passed away the other morning. Its pretty saddening that he's had to deal with so much and yet he's been an inspiration to most of our friends because he never whines about any of it. I know personally that he hasn't been sleeping and has been stressed over this for awhile. I never wish death upon anyone, but its probably best that his father finally passed so that he can move on and better himself. He deserves so much better. Anyways, before I rant on and on, I'm going to the funeral tomorrow morning and I was hoping I could have some prayers for my friend. He is the type of person that wouldn't ask for any help or any prayers, but he needs them more than ever now.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: Cherish your family and friends

Good luck man and my condolences. I know what it's like to lose a family member so close. I personally have been trying to help my mom raise us 5 children since I was 14 and also take care of her sister and her kid. My aunt passed away on my g/f's birthday and it ws a sad moment, but things will get better. I wish you the best in the future. I have a funeral I have to go to myself on Tuesday where one of my friends was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was riding on the back of a motorcycle without a helmet and a semi ran a stop sign and he was killed on impact.

Once again, I send my condolences
    Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Josh, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend. It truly takes a special person to do what he has done, he is truly an example of what a human being should be. On behalf of cv6/fv6, i'd like to be the first to say we wish him the best.
      Y87 Package
      MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
      Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
      BONE APPROVED!
      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
      Team Black...TEAM EMO
      sigpic
      Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
        Josh, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend. It truly takes a special person to do what he has done, he is truly an example of what a human being should be. On behalf of cv6/fv6, i'd like to be the first to say we wish him the best.
        x2. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you too dealing with this.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i'll deff keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. i understand how it can be, watching someone you love suffer. my mom passed when i was 6, and my sister suffers the same disease she did. one of the strongest people i know, my sister...never complains about any of it...

once again, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend, his family, and you as his friend...

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself man! Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend Josh.

Comment

X3...my thoughts and prayers and condolences go to all 3 of you...Josh, your friend and v6 motorhead...hopefully things will get better soon.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks guys... I just got back from the visitation. More people showed up than I expected and my buddy came over to talk with us for a bit. I could tell he was wanting to talk about something other then this. He told us that he was just tired of everyone asking how he was doing and stuff. I think it ment alot to him that me and another friend of ours showed up. I hated to leave early but I carpooled with my friend and he had to be back to work.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X