• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun burn

ok well i got veryyyy burn over the hoilday weekend. i mean i'm purple

sat- crusing in the camaro for like 4 hours
    sun- hiking all day
    mon- detail the ss/sc for about 6 hrs

monday is what really did me in. it was like 10 am that i started and it wasn't sunny, it was about 65 and nice and cool. so i didn't even notice that i was getting burnt

my sholders, back, hips and backs of my legs.....are purple. the front of me was fine. i had a bikini on that is why i go so much sun. i was off on monday and i had to call out tuesday and wednesday. the only reason why i'm at work today is because im on vac-k next week and i have to prep them at work.

i was ready to up chuck on tuesday so i probably had sun pois.(i'm not playing web m.d.) but i don't know for sure.

i can't use aloe cause it drys and pulls my skin, i used solarcain but that did nothing. all that i'm using right now is eucerin lotion. getting that crap put on me sucks so freaking bad. all i can do is screem.

hopefully i can get into the doc's today. maybe get me some silvadean.

what do you guys use?

on saturday i should be getting in the car at 4am to leave for vac-k which starts with a 14 hr drive...so i need help and need help fast.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: sun burn

purple? yeah, you probably had/have sun poisoning (I am not a dr, but I saw one on tv). I had a bad sunburn from the racetrack a few weeks ago. I use tons of aloe. Yeah, it feels funny, but it turned 90% of my burn into a tan.

good luck. What did the neighbors think of their new neighbor outside all day in a bikini?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

ive only been reallly bad sunburnt once in my life, but i used alot of vitamin e lotion and alot of hydrocodene. i cried myself to sleep that night, no joke. hurt so bad
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Automatic to Manual converted
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan View Post
        ive only been reallly bad sunburnt once in my life, but i used alot of vitamin e lotion and alot of hydrocodene. i cried myself to sleep that night, no joke. hurt so bad
        The most painful sunburn I had was the day before I came home from Hawaii. I was out surfing all day and burned my back and the back of my legs. The 12 hour flight home in those sandpaper seats hurt something awful.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I know exactly what you're going through. I just got back from Cancun after a long winter. I was pasty white and now I'm moderately tanned which took quite a bit of burning despite lathering up in sunscreen. Anyway, a few years back i had the worst burn I've ever experienced in my life. The burn turned into blisters or sacks of fluid on my shoulders. I was using aloe gel and had an extremely bad reaction to it...my skin dried up and got incredibly itchy (the worst torture I've yet to experience). I couldn't do anything about it so I basically took 4 extra strength tylenol and slept it off. Ever since I've been skeptical about using aloe...but this past week with the Mexican sunburns I had to. Turns out I had no issues. So try the aloe cream made by Banana Boat...I lathered it on thick and then put a t-shirt and shorts over it. It worked for me with no drying or itching.

Comment

it's the stinging and tightness of the skin i need help with.
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan View Post

You are crying yourself to sleep for quite a few nights...haha. Happened to me on my shoulders/stomach/knees while camping once...oh dear god, nothing could help me there.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                it's the stinging and tightness of the skin i need help with.
                As a Floridian beach bum I feel as though I may be able to help out. Get some water based and un-scented lotion, this will hydrate your skin and help with the elasticity and stinging pain. Then, find an aloe plant (or even buy one, they're very handy) and cut off a piece of it. Using a knife, take off the thorns on the side, and cut the piece into anterior and posterior pieces. Now rub the gel found in the plant on the sunburnt areas. This will improve your skin's recovery time. Make sure to wait about an hour after putting on the lotion before putting on the aloe. Oh, and don't get the spray on aloe, all that stuff is made of is the gel found in aloe and water, and it stings even worse than someone slapping you on the back with a sunburn. I tried it once, and about 10 minutes after I sprayed it on, it felt like I was on fire. Once your skin heals go to a dermatologist and just get checked for any cancerous areas on your skin, because from what you're describing I'd bet the title to my car and property that you have/had sun poisoning from this.

Oh, and be glad you're not burnt on the bottom of your feet... thats why I never fall asleep on the beach anymore lol.

Comment

We are going to the beach in mid june... so my gf has been talking me into going to the tanning bed (its happened only twice so far) but I have been trying to get back into shape by playing ball every day for atleast 2 hours. In fact, I'm leaving after this to go to the park and play today. I've been getting plenty of sun that way.

Good luck with your sun burn kristen... *slaps kristen on the back*
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

ocean potion is the stuff. not kidding..they make something called ocean potion...built just for sunburn...i got toasted once pretty hard...blisters and all...this stuff cools and for me it helped my skin...that and when i got bad it helps if you fill a bath with warm (not hot) water and mix baking soda in with it then lay in it until the water gets cold...helps with the burn and seemed to make me get over it quicker (i know this because me and all my friends were burnt equally as bad and i did this, they didn't, i was over it much quicker)

Comment

go out and buy an aloe plant. cant beat it.
                      otherwise, get the aloe gel.

to make you feel better:

i fell asleep on the beach in egypt for 4 hours. 125* out... no sun screen.
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold
                      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I would have felt better not seeing that!
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Ummm, wouldnt even taking a picture of that hurt? haha

Comment

STEVE! NO! NO TOWEL!

anyway.

panama jack brand has this sun burn relief gel with aloe vera and lidocaine in it. Lidocaine as im sure you know is a natural numbing agent, so while the aloe is healing and loosening your skin, the lidocaine is acting for pain relief. I used that last summer when I got burnt real bad at the beach, and it worked wonders.
                            Y87 Package
                            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                            BONE APPROVED!
                            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                            Team Black...TEAM EMO
                            sigpic
                            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_sunb.htm

sunburn remedies!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X