I need help with buying this camaro!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with buying this camaro!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with buying this camaro!!!!

i have never owned a camaro and i need to know if this car im looking at is a good buy or not please help me out heres the link for the car.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/622982296.html

thank you guys i hope to hear from ya'll soon

Re: I need help with buying this camaro!!!!

Take it for a test ride to a mechanic to get it inspected. Make sure there's no dex-cool damage, no leaks (my old '95 leaked oil after a while), check to see if the doors shut properly (the doors are really heavy and put stress on the hinges after a while), and check the window motors. Make absolute sure that the engine is sound, because 3.4L parts get harder and harder to find everyday.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

thank man im hoping the car is in great shape it has good miles for a 1994 only 108000 miles and he just replaced the spark plug wires and the cadillac converter he bought it for his daughter and the car is to much for her and she wants a 4 cyl car and he says the cars in great shape but all i can do is go look at it and drive it it's my first car if i get it so lets hope for the best

Comment

It looks like its in really good shape, though i would offer 2k-2500 for it because, whether its a camaro or not, it still is a 14 year old car.

If you have a car to hold you over for now, i would keep looking for the 3.8 v6, cause those 3.4's fall on there face bad. Though the 3.8 is slow to, its got a little more pep to it. leaving more room for fun, and less for fustration with owning a camaro, and it being UBER slow..

Also that car only seems to blue book for 3500 in excellant condition (private party) For the zip code of 04016 (Mainer zip). Most know that bluebook is an over value. So 2000 should be a fair final selling price. If your looking for a deal.
        Last edited by Finkledbody; 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM. Reason: looked up blue book values

Comment

thanks man i hope to hear more replys on what others think

Comment

Originally posted by Finkledbody View Post
            It looks like its in really good shape, though i would offer 2k-2500 for it because, whether its a camaro or not, it still is a 14 year old car.

If you have a car to hold you over for now, i would keep looking for the 3.8 v6, cause those 3.4's fall on there face bad. Though the 3.8 is slow to, its got a little more pep to it. leaving more room for fun, and less for fustration with owning a camaro, and it being UBER slow..
            Our Camaros arnt uber slow, 3.4s and 3.8s arnt muscle cars, their sports cars. They may not be a Z28, but they still hold their own on the track.

Now, if this is your first car, do take into consideration that you need not buy yourself into a money hole. Labor for the sixers can be very pricey, because the engine is 'hiding' from the rest of the world. Invest the $20 - $50 to make sure at a local repair shop you TRUST.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
            Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Originally posted by 3800SoloWing View Post
              Our Camaros arnt uber slow, 3.4s and 3.8s arnt muscle cars, their sports cars. They may not be a Z28, but they still hold their own on the track.

Now, if this is your first car, do take into consideration that you need not buy yourself into a money hole. Labor for the sixers can be very pricey, because the engine is 'hiding' from the rest of the world. Invest the $20 - $50 to make sure at a local repair shop you TRUST.
              I stand corrected.

Sporty it is, But how long does 160fwhp really stay fun for? Read around a little OP, you'll find the same threads starting over an over everyweek...

Why does my 3.4 v6 fall flat on its face after 4500rpms?
              How fast is my 0-60? 8-9 seconds
              How fast are these in the quarter? Slow 16.5+ seconds
              Why do i get bad gas mileage? Cause these engines arn't designed well.. (I can agree they are VERY well balanced though.)

Comment

I'd keep looking for a 3.8l (95-02). Just be patient and odds are you can get one.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
                  I'd keep looking for a 3.8l (95-02). Just be patient and odds are you can get one.
                  2nd that, the 3.8 is more reliable, has 200 HP. I'd wait

These cars are slow??? I was very skeptical of a V6 camaro for this very reason, until I drove one. It ain't LS1 fast but I was very suprised. Also this car has more stock HP than many previous years Camaro V8's (70's and 80"s)

Comment

Also, if you have about 3500 to spend, you MAY be able to find a Z28... and avoid the V6 frustration all together :P

Comment

Here's a '99 in Raleigh for $5500

A little more money, a LOT more car.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/625842757.html

- or -

A 2000 for $4800

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/624994912.html

Comment

Holy crap! Down here you can get a high mileage LT1 for less than those prices, rebuild it and come out spending about that much^

Comment

Ahaha I knew that looked familiar I had seen it in raleigh somewhereee

Originally posted by jmbrooks View Post
                          Here's a '99 in Raleigh for $5500

A little more money, a LOT more car.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/625842757.html

- or -

A 2000 for $4800

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/624994912.html
                          O!!!! Id go for the 00

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
                          Holy crap! Down here you can get a high mileage LT1 for less than those prices, rebuild it and come out spending about that much^
                          I saw a very for sale yesterday and the person wanted 4800 for itt
                          Last edited by IwannaCamarosoBad; 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slave One View Post
                            Also, if you have about 3500 to spend, you MAY be able to find a Z28... and avoid the V6 frustration all together :P
                            ^I agree with that comment you might be able to get a V8 for that price. I almost did, but the V6 I have now is so beautiful.

Comment

I wouldnt pay $3,500 for a 94 with over 100k miles.
                              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X