College SUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College SUX

Just going to rant about college!!!!!!!! I went to UK for 3 semesters and was suspended due to grades. My dumbass thought I could work 40 hours a week and commute and hour to school every day (I KNOW). So after sitting out a semester I decided to attend the community college that coincides with UK. I'm pretty much done with the community college and ready to go back to UK. I have to...
    ..Get reinstated by UK
    ..Get accepted back to UK
    ..Get accepted to Business College
    ....or accepted undergraduate
    ....or accepted elsewhere
    .....attend a semester with a 2.5 gpa
    .....apply for academic bankruptcy to rid of all my bad grades
    ..... and then get accepted to Business

Man, I've been in college almost 4 years now and I've still got about 3 years left now. I'm gonna have to spend a full semester taking classes I don't need to prove I can keep a decent GPA just to get accepted to Business.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: College SUX

I thought you meant United Kingdom, then I realized where you were from.

Comment

thats sux man....i applied too late ut UIC so im stuck at a community college til the end of next yea......hope it all works out for you

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
        thats sux man....i applied too late ut UIC so im stuck at a community college til the end of next yea......hope it all works out for you
        It will... I just need my degree asap since I up for management position at work, but need my degree to be accepted. I can go from $9 and hour to 30k a year just like that. Looks like what it takes most people 4 years it will take me 7
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

as not serious as we take college, it's pretty serious. (if you understood that)

If you F around and get bad grades, get kicked out.. it only takes longer to finish, takes more money to finish, and alot more work to finish.

If we all could look into the future and see what happened, im sure it would be taken alot more serious so you can get in and out in 4 years.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird View Post
            but need my degree to be accepted. I can go from $9 and hour to 30k a year just like that.
            30k a year? thats not alot of $ a year really.

I thought you worked at a grocery store or something?
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
              30k a year? thats not alot of $ a year really.

I thought you worked at a grocery store or something?
              30k is alot for me. I mean, its salary for doing what I do now for $9 and hour. I do work grocery... i don't wanna stay at the management position but once you get there, the sky is the limit! I can move up to store supervisor, human resource, etc... which are 6 figure paying jobs... but you have to start from co-management.

I want to get into management at work because they will bump me up one more year so I'll go from 4 years of working there to 6. They will put me on salary and you get all sorts of benefits. Most of those co managers go into management elsewhere. Prime example, last comanager that left, went to a car parts store and makes about 60k a year working 36 hours a week.

I could skip the management position and try for a human resource job right out of college, but everyone wants experience so I'd have to co-op somewhere for little to nothing and I would lose my vacations accumulated and seniority. This way I can keep all that and Kroger is a great HR company, infact one of the Fortune 500 tops. That would look great on an application to go from 6 dollars and hour working 3rd shift to management making 30K + depending how long I am there. Most comanagers are at 40k withing 3-4 years.

Comment

Yeah 30k is about right, I'm Graduating in December... maybe... But umm yeah most undergrads don't make those big bucks, depends on your major. Personally I hate college but since im here might as well try to finish. Get a job in a cubical, stop waking up at 1 in the afternoon, quit staying up as late as I want, only work on weekends.

^Why would I ever want to finish.

Oh yeah, and replying to your Management pay thing
                http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos151.htm

This site is good for learning what peoples starting pays are coming out of college.
                Last edited by DeAmaro; 03-27-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X