help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

i came back from my classes to notice the big gouge right next to my lock is there a way you can break into a car this way or were they just ****ing with my car
    image below taken with camera phone :rant:
    Attached Files

Re: help

my guess would be breaking in.

lucky they failed.

Comment

yea thats wat it looks like...sorry to hear about it but good thing they didnt get in

Comment

Stinkin hoodlums:spank::twak:

Comment

unlikely they were trying to break into the car...everyone knows the way to break into an f-body is to pull back the window and hit the lockslide, or to just use a flatbed and steal the whole thing. Looks like you were the victim of random vandalism.

Comment

I thought there's no way to get in that way. I think they were just vandalising it any ideas on how to fix it? Ha why my car lol.

Comment

thats a dumb way to vandalize a car.

i bet they were trying to steal it, and in doing it the wrong way, failed to steal it.

hence it not being stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                unlikely they were trying to break into the car...everyone knows the way to break into an f-body is to pull back the window and hit the lockslide, or to just use a flatbed and steal the whole thing. Looks like you were the victim of random vandalism.
                I am pretty sure the lock/unlock buttons are disabled until the alarm or locks are disengaged. So you cant really stick something down in the window and unlock the doors with the button.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
                  thats a dumb way to vandalize a car.

i bet they were trying to steal it, and in doing it the wrong way, failed to steal it.

hence it not being stolen.
                  +1 to the stealing idea...my guess would be they probably had some kind of lock pick (or were retarded and thought whatever they had would work as one), and F'ed it up... hence the gauge right next to your key hole...

Comment

Originally posted by F-Body_SS-Man View Post
                    I am pretty sure the lock/unlock buttons are disabled until the alarm or locks are disengaged. So you cant really stick something down in the window and unlock the doors with the button.
                    no cause I left my keys in the car once and the guy pulled the window back and had it open in about 20 seconds....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

What year is your car?

Comment

Someone must not like you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F-Body_SS-Man View Post
                          What year is your car?
                          96...then again I have manual locks, but I think its the same...to test your theory arm you car while sitting inside and see if you can manually unlock it...the guy who got my keys put a hook through the window slot he pulled back, and unlocked it via that sliding locking piece not the rod, ...so

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                            wrong, my old firebird got broken into just like that, all you have to do is get under the key spot, pop it up and the lock pops. bastards hit both my doors like that.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

you can break into it by popping hte keylock off there.

But I agree its easier to pry the window open then hit the slider lock over...

**** if I wanted to, I could get in an f-body in ~20 seconds and the only tool I use is the antennae I unscrew off the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X