what would you do, headers or posi/gears? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do, headers or posi/gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do, headers or posi/gears?

i collected alot of parts for the camaro over the winter... 95 3.4 A4 already has aluminum DS, Underdrive pullies,FM cat back,ported/polished TB,K&N intake. to install i have a posi diff, 4.10s, install kit, fluid ect. basically everything needed to do the swap. I also have a set of pace setter headers, fiero gaskets, stage 8 locking bolts. everything to put them on. Problem is, its cold out side, i dont have alot of time and im dont feel like spending a whole day putting headers on, so i have to choose what im going to have done. I can have the gears installed for 300, and he said headers would cost about 300 to install too. I really want the gears installed because i hear you can really feel the differance, but i would then have to go through the hassle of getting my computer adjusted to the differant gears. On the other hand id like the headers put on so i dont have to worry about doing it myself, and they would require no additional work after they are installed. What would you guys do first?

Re: what would you do, headers or posi/gears?

have the gears installed...

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

I would go with the headers... but really its up to you. Whatever you want done first and done right.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

have gears installed professionally. They have to be set correctly. Headers are no biggy for the DIY person.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
          have gears installed professionally. They have to be set correctly. Headers are no biggy for the DIY person.
          exactly...

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

agreed

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

true.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
              Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

very true

Comment

well gears it is then i guess. its going to the shop next week, getting my SS spoiler painted and put on along with some other minor body work the last owner neglected. ill have the gears put in and i think im going to have FAST make me a tune. he claims to get about 20 more horse and recalibrate my speedo, i had custom made EGR block off plates made for my headers so ill have to get EGR tuned out as well. i still have about a month or 2 before i get it back on the road so hopefully by then ill have the headers on and have it tuned too

Comment

yup...gears than headers, you get more umph from the gears.....and if you plan on running 4.10s with an auto trans I hope you have money to upgrade the trans. Your going to blow out the shift clutches FAST.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                      o0o really?????? what about when you have to unbolt the freakin engine and tortch and hammer the frame a refab half the front of your freaking car to fit your long tubes?

Comment

GEARS!!!! Headers are little perf gain more exhaust tone improvement. You can instantly feel the gear installation by rapid accelation...I had 3.08 and I went to 3.42... That was hugely noticable.. so, umm yeah with 4.10, time to pick up a neck collar cuz your neck might be snapping!!!

:)
                        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
                          yup...gears than headers, you get more umph from the gears.....and if you plan on running 4.10s with an auto trans I hope you have money to upgrade the trans. Your going to blow out the shift clutches FAST.
                          never heard gears would tear up a tranny... i thought it would only be easier on them since it takes less force to turn 4.10s than 3.08s. i dont plan to floor it from every start. anyone have tranny problems due to differant gears? I'll be getting a transgo installed with the gears so hopefully that will help some

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
                            o0o really?????? what about when you have to unbolt the freakin engine and tortch and hammer the frame a refab half the front of your freaking car to fit your long tubes?
                            and what are you talking about. lol. those must be some LONG tubes to have to go to the front of your car and then back to the rear. lol. tool.
                            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yeah, gears are the way to go headers are the ultimate DIY job to get you to know the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X