Parts for GM I-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for GM I-6?

I've got a old S-10 sitting around but its in pretty good shape still, and I'm looking to turn it into a mudder or drag truck this summer. Either way, I'm gonna build it up rat rod style; not much to look at but a beast under the hood. I've noticed that its pretty easy to find gm's newer 4.2l I-6 engine on ebay and they're dirt cheap(Like $500ish)! With stock hp between 270-295 based on what year it came out of, i figured that would be a pretty nice start for a truck build up. Only problem is, I can't find any damn parts for it! If anyone knows where to get some performance mods for these, such as headers,cams,throttle bodies, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Parts for GM I-6?

while I got nothing for you on the performance options for those engines I think it's a cool idea to do an S10 rat rod.
    I think you are really going to be limited because GM didn't put those engines in anything else but the trailblazer/envoys. You'd had thought they would have maximized their investment and put it in other things, just fab up a turbo and see what happens. :)
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Re: Parts for GM I-6?

I wouldn't want to do a turbo if i couldn't switch the head and cams. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to invest in a custom turbo if i could only run around 6psi. I'm guessing the main problem is that its a DOHC with VVT and nobody is gonna want to mess with that to put some extra horses under there new Trailblazer. All well, I guess gm is leaving the I-6 for the soccer moms. I should just not be a cheep *** and find a LT1 or LS1(Even though it would be nice to have a stock 6 that makes as much power as the LT1).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X