Lookin for a new car :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for a new car :)

Well I don't know if anyone remebers the pictures i posted from my fender bender, but they are claiming my car totaled off the damage! I was surprised and upset but now I am kinda happy they will either give me 3700 or give me 3020 and my car back. The good news out of all of this is i now get to look at new firebirds/cars. I don't think I can go with another car so I've been looking at trans ams, formulas and firebirds! I know kinda of a pointless post I'm just excited :)
    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Re: Lookin for a new car :)

if they give you 3020 and your car back does that mean that your car has a totaled status still?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      if they give you 3020 and your car back does that mean that your car has a totaled status still?
      yeah, it would be totaled. but he could make $ parting it out...
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Don't take the car back unless you had a decent amount of mods to swap into a new car.

Or your car was pristine.

Comment

could we see pics of this? I missed it the first time...Id be rattled if my car was deemed totaled from a little fender bender....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

well if you think you can get 700 for parts or want the mods you have get the car back but, an extra 700 for a totaled car isnt bad.

I had my camaro totaled and there was 2400 damage or so and they decided to give the claim to the girl that rearended me and had 200 dollars worth of damage, now i get an extra 10 bucks a week on my insurance for the next 4 years or whatever it is.

Why cant they just make you pay the 200, i would have rather won the claim but i would also rather pay 200 than what im doing now.

HKLFSHGFSHGKFJHSS

/rant.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
              Don't take the car back unless you had a decent amount of mods to swap into a new car.

Or your car was pristine.
              WHAT? If he finds another fbody like he wants, then he can use the parts he needs off his car onto the newer car and then part the rest out. Why get rid of a good alternator, tires, seats, radio, a/c, radiator, etc... for an extra 650 dollars
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird View Post
                WHAT? If he finds another fbody like he wants, then he can use the parts he needs off his car onto the newer car and then part the rest out. Why get rid of a good alternator, tires, seats, radio, a/c, radiator, etc... for an extra 650 dollars
                I was just thinking to myself it might be hard to get 650 for parts, either that or it would take a really long time and some hard work of taking it all apart and shipping for a little over 700.

up to you.

Comment

Well i dont think im taking my car back, I haven't decided yet but look what i got today!!!
                  Didn't expect to buy one today but was a decent deal so i had to take it. 12,300 66k miles v8 (i know sorry ) T tops body is in great condition as is inside i fell in love :)

Comment

Comment

wow.....that was QUICK. haha.

Comment

haha i know right i really did not expect that to happen at all. I didn't go out with the intention of buying a car. I did need a car by monday though because at the moment I was borrowing my dads truck and he needed it back. I looked around all day yesterday and today but still didnt expect this.

Comment

Not saying you might get some money back out of a car...

but if it was a 93=97

Interior was probably rough. If he had a hardtop car, likely wouldn't get much out of the car, especially with some damage. Maybe $10 here, $25 there. BUt it takes alot ot add up to $700.

Plus depending where he lives he will be getting **** form home owners association.

now if he had a nice catback, nice rear with gears/LSD, aftermarket radio, springs/shocks. I definitley say take the car, nice rims/tires

Now if he had a pretty stock car with a flowmaster muffler welded on the back. and TA swirley rims on it.

What good is a "used" alternator off an old car, that especially now that he has an LS1 won't fit his car.

Do what you think, but just saying, I was a packrat for "good parts" and after long long periods of times and no one buying them I just bit the bullet went to an f-body meet and started giving the **** away for free.

Hell I have tried to sell a 2/3rds of a t-top conversion for like 3 years, finally gave up and gave it away. Would have rather had the extra space in my garage for the last few years.

I have had misc(and still do) have misc f-body parts that I have yet to get rid of.

Comment

btw you get rearended and crinkle both quarter panels, on just about any v6 4th gen, there is a good chance it might get totaled.

Comment

yep i dont think im taking the car back either doesnt seem worth it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X