Dont buy mobil 1 or exxon gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dont buy mobil 1 or exxon gas

well ill put a hybrid engine in my car....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
    Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Don't like gas prices, stop driving. Im waiting for someone to get killed or held hostage because some momo can't get gas for his V8 gas guzzler. Im hoping that day comes, then maybe people will really pay attention to the situation.

I pay it and don't look, I gotta have it, no sense in complaining about it.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I love these threads.... The Original posters theory is just as good/effective as lambo101's (Terry) magic lottery machine

:)
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
          Lets put it this way then, microsoft is traded on the open market right ? If no one buys a PC, no xbox, no nothing. Everyone decides to buy a Imac, a playstation and what not. Now the demand for a computer and for a video game is still there. But now people are purchasing from another company. Tell me what olde bill gates will do ? Will he stand there and watch his business go elsewhere or will he be competitive and offer an incentive ? Its basic business. I challenge any of you to call your phone providor and tell them you are canceling to take another company and i will guran Damn tee you they will offer you something to keep your business.
          You can't compare stocks to futures like that though. Your example is absolutely correct. That's basic capitalism. Oil is traded as a future, so switching which company you buy from (with a few exceptions) does nothing to the price because ExxonMobil does not set the price.

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
          I pay it and don't look, I gotta have it, no sense in complaining about it.
          Exactly my opinion. I stopped looking at gas prices a long time ago.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

the basic theory behind don't buy gas from x company anymore or for a day is flawed in so many ways. Most gas in a given area comes from the same refinery whether the sign on the pump at the station says chevron, exxon, BP or whatever. An example:
            Where I am from in louisiana there is a company called Petron. Petron is a middleman between the refinery and the gas stations. They have tanker trucks. If you sit out side 90% of the gas stations in the central and northern part of the state you will eventually see a Petron truck refill that station's underground tanks.
            ALL of those trucks fill up at the same place. They tank up at the refinery in Baton Rouge (was once an exxon refinery unsure who owns it now). The gasoline pipeline system is very similar. Do you think each oil company has thier own pipelines? Nope they have stations along the pipelines where the stock the fuel in tanks for pickup by trucks to cart off to stations. There may be several companies refineries feeding that pipeline. If chevron wants to draw off 10000 gallons for a regional station they ensure they add 10000 gallons at the other end. That gas is mixed with exxon, mobil and whomever else's gas is in the line.
            Between that and the fact that we have some insane number of gasoline formulas dictated by the epa, states, and regional governments it's impossible to not buy from one or another "oil company".

Now if you want to really do your part find another mode of transportation that doesn't used refined oil as a fuel.

Now if you want some of your money back invest in companies which profit from high gas prices, invest in oil property, exploration, oil services companies... Otherwise if you really want to change help by investing in companies searching for alternative forms of energy. I'll give you a quick hint though, until you can create a useful solar power tractor, all forms of biofuel will be a money losing joke!
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by kala View Post
              I love these threads.... The Original posters theory is just as good/effective as lambo101's (Terry) magic lottery machine

magic lotto machine FTW!!!!!!!!!!
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

People stress about **** too much. Yeah gas is high and it like everything else in life will get worse before it gets better.

Don't stress about life, no one ever made it out alive anyway!
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                  Supply of gas will never decrease esp since the demand has not increased. The demand is just tanken to another retailer. Lets face it we have a ton of it. Mysterily we are always "low" on it for some reason or some drilling plant closed or some other excuse to jack up the price.
                  I'm pretty sure that at some point in the future, the gas supply will be zero. Demand will be high, supply will be low. Prices will be jacked.
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Sorry, but the gas guzzling SUVs and trucks are never gonna die. The ppl who drive them are the ones who can aford them. Therfor, they dont care about the gas prices. And if youve noticed, half the ppl in this thread dont care either. Thats why nothing will ever be done... Those who are jacking it, dont care about it and the rest of us suffer.

Example, Ive been working remodeling a home, and thier nighbor drives more then UPS. Constantly coming and going. Then yesterday he leaves his truck idling for 30 minutes! Then he gets in and floors it out of there! It shure must be nice to be able to afford $4 a gallon and obviouslt not care. Yes it was a Diesel. Not to mention, while his truck was idling, the damn fumes were killing me!

>>> The only way to stop this, is to go around and flatten tires on all the gas guzzling vehicles you can find. And kill anyone who invests in the oil companies<<<

You see, this wont happen. Plan to buy $5 a gallon gas, $10 milk, $7 bread...
                    sigpic
                    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                      Sorry, but the gas guzzling SUVs and trucks are never gonna die. The ppl who drive them are the ones who can aford them. Therfor, they dont care about the gas prices. And if youve noticed, half the ppl in this thread dont care either. Thats why nothing will ever be done... Those who are jacking it, dont care about it and the rest of us suffer.

Example, Ive been working remodeling a home, and thier nighbor drives more then UPS. Constantly coming and going. Then yesterday he leaves his truck idling for 30 minutes! Then he gets in and floors it out of there! It shure must be nice to be able to afford $4 a gallon and obviouslt not care. Yes it was a Diesel. Not to mention, while his truck was idling, the damn fumes were killing me!

>>> The only way to stop this, is to go around and flatten tires on all the gas guzzling vehicles you can find. And kill anyone who invests in the oil companies<<<

You see, this wont happen. Plan to buy $5 a gallon gas, $10 milk, $7 bread...
                      SUPPOSEDLY there is a man that just got the OK from the town to build his own gas station and refinery? They say he sells his gas $1.50 cheaper than anyone else so maybe it'll be a plus and drive prices down here a little bit :D (yay for me) haha

Comment

I think when gas hits $4, we will start to see a shift back to small cars like the early 80's. Large SUV sales are down, and people are feeling the crunch. You won't see a shift over night, but I think it will happen.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird View Post
                          I think when gas hits $4, we will start to see a shift back to small cars like the early 80's. Large SUV sales are down, and people are feeling the crunch. You won't see a shift over night, but I think it will happen.
                          its already happening here, I use to see Expiditions everywhere now I see excursions and tahoes and all those hondas and all

Comment

Not buying oil from one company will do nothing to control the price. If you don't buy it, someone else will. Only way to reduce the price is to reduce demand. As prices increase, Americans are driving less. So why doesn't the price come down? Why, because world wide demand is increasing and oil byproducts are used in other things such as making plastics and demand for those items is huge. China and India are buying lots of oil and OPEC is changing to the Euro because the dollar stinks right now, forgot low prices ever again. Buying an economy car will help, but until we as a society change our ways, your still gonna pay at the pump and that crown prince in the middle east will put in another gold toilet.

Here's a breakdown of who gets what for a gallon of gas.
                            http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/13/news...llon/index.htm
                            69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird View Post
                              I certainly hope so. But I just see so many ppl not caring. I have completely changed my driving habbits. Always goto the cheapest store. I accel about as fast as my grandmother, and of course I have some huge truck tailgating me and then floor it around me.... I hate ppl...

Originally posted by Den69RS96 View Post
                              Not buying oil from one company will do nothing to control the price. If you don't buy it, someone else will. Only way to reduce the price is to reduce demand. As prices increase, Americans are driving less. So why doesn't the price come down? Why, because world wide demand is increasing and oil byproducts are used in other things such as making plastics and demand for those items is huge. China and India are buying lots of oil and OPEC is changing to the Euro because the dollar stinks right now, forgot low prices ever again. Buying an economy car will help, but until we as a society change our ways, your still gonna pay at the pump and that crown prince in the middle east will put in another gold toilet.

Here's a breakdown of who gets what for a gallon of gas.
                              http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/13/news...llon/index.htm
                              Good find!

Which brings us back to this >>>

sigpic
                              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Great idea, I know just where to start. You and your family have a retirement plan, yes?
                                2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X