X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, just screw it...I gave in

Originally posted by 3800SoloWing View Post
    Here's the scoop...
    New(er) 3.8L Series 2 taken from a totaled 2002 Camaro that was hit in the rear by an SUV. 34K miles and rebuilt when taken from the car. Its going to cost only $2500 with all the parts and labor needed. Its supposed to be ready later this week...I hope...

Why would anyone in their right mind rebuild an engine with only 34k on the clock??? And it just so happened that they rebuilt it when they removed it from the car, only to sell it to right after.

I smell :bs:

Comment

My mechanic got me the deal on the newer engine and agreed to do the work cheaper because this was the result of 2 mistakes his associated made in the past. The engine also comes with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty...kinda nice if you ask me for a used engine.

Now I got it. If this is the same mechanic that screwed it up in the first place then he should do the job for free.

If not keep your car away from him and take him to court after you have a real shop install another engine for you.

By the way, is this also the same mechanic that confused a knock in the engine for a bad clutch???

Get your car out of there now... You are just asking for trouble. Next thing you know he will replace the engine and your front end will fall out. Then he will get you a great deal on a used front end.... :rant:

Comment

I did. Its the engine I want because during the rebuild, it has been outfitted with a smoothed out throttle body, aluminum cylinder heads, and I'm getting the new computer for it. The air box thing (the one between the air filter and the tb) also gets taken out. New rockers, springs, and high flow intake comes with it, because the previous owner was building it up apparently. Although 30 days is great, a year is better. Between us, it gives me time to beat it a bit and get free fixes under the warranty.
        My fingers hurt from typing so much. High flow intake??? New rockers and springs??? How do you know that they are new. If the previous owner was building it up why are they selling it to you?

And you plan to beat on it after all of the crap that you just went through. :rant: :slap: :spank:

Comment

It was totaled in an SUV accident...I'm going to go see it right now. I'm starting to wonder myself.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
            it sounds like a load of crap to me
            Absolutely.

Comment

It was totaled in an SUV accident...I'm going to go see it right now. I'm starting to wonder myself.
              Keep in mind that you cannot tell if an engine was rebuilt by looking at the outside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                Why would anyone in their right mind rebuild an engine with only 34k on the clock??? And it just so happened that they rebuilt it when they removed it from the car, only to sell it to right after.

I smell :bs:
                I have seen engines with less miles (~20k) that was involved in a major accident and the rod bearings went bad after just a few hard-driven miles - it's cheap to put in new bearings for insurance.

Comment

dude you are getting hosed...

you can buy an ls1/t56/computer harness for that much money.

Look around, I was going to put a motor in my car, and found dozens, of good low mileage motors out of 2k2 all uner $1k, most under $800

Comment

Anyone else curious as to where all this money is coming from? I've seen this goof post that he can't afford gas and insurance, but can throw umpteen thousand dollars at it without using a lick of common sense. Follow the advice contained within this thread. Have a COMPETENT shop fix the car. Sue the first mechanic for gross negligence.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Too bad you wernt closer. I couldve gotten you a motor for $200!
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Ok. The car's officially at City Chevrolet in downtown Oklahoma City being outfitted with a brand new engine. 0 miles, same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                          Anyone else curious as to where all this money is coming from? I've seen this goof post that he can't afford gas and insurance, but can throw umpteen thousand dollars at it without using a lick of common sense. Follow the advice contained within this thread. Have a COMPETENT shop fix the car. Sue the first mechanic for gross negligence.
                          Beat me to it Tom.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I'm in the hole...I'm borrowing from my parents, so yeah. I dont want to hear sh!t about borrowing from your parents, because I have to at the moment.

Comment

Ok. The car's officially at City Chevrolet in downtown Oklahoma City being outfitted with a brand new engine. 0 miles, same price.
                              Hey City Chevrolet is from the movie Days Of Thunder. Is Cole Trickle installing the engine???

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                                Too bad you wernt closer. I couldve gotten you a motor for $200!
                                hmmm talk to me..... :rock:

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                                Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X