Anyone do the xbox mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do the xbox mod?

Im thinking of doing the xbox (regular, not 360) mod and using that as my media player for my car. The only problem i have with that is im not sure if the music portion of it will work how I want it to. Can anyone throw up some screenshots of what it looks like when u play music, and maybe some other features if they dont mind. I wanted to do the mod chip so i could install a larger hard drive into it for my music and movies. i heard you couldnt upgrade the hd if you did the softmod. Im at work right now otherwise i would probably find it on google but figured i would ask here so im actually talking to someone.

Thanks

*EDIT*
    Started Painting it anyway just incase i do want to put it in my car and such.

More pictures later today probably and i will write more on it during my lunch break.

*EDIT UPDATE*

how it looks now.... KALA

Last edited by cantrip; 03-22-2008, 11:09 PM.

Re: Anyone do the xbox mod?

Xbox mod in the car :tdown::tdown::tdown:

Put a PC in there and you can do anything you want. Giant MP3 box, play games, GPS......

A very good site!
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Pimp-My-Ride yo'!!!

:)
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i wanted to get a car pc and it would be so much easier because i use itunes, but i have a lot of problems with it.

very confusing sometimes.
        costs a lot more.
        would need to take out in winter so i dont have to wait for it to warm up
        need some sort of other way to play audio when computer is out
        and on top of it i still want an xbox in there also, haha.

and yes, i am a member on mp3car. i was going to buy one of the beginner kits thats in there if i do get it.
        Last edited by cantrip; 03-17-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Very easy! And you could find a machine that could run anything you need in the trash (cept games). All you need is an inverter (cheap) and screen (ebay).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
            Very easy! And you could find a machine that could run anything you need in the trash (cept games). All you need is an inverter (cheap) and screen (ebay).
            Are you talking about the xbox mod? If so, do you have any screenshots? I just want to see what it looks like when you are playing audio from it.

Comment

my husband modded an xbox so we can play downloaded movies and tv shows on it.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Yea. I plan on upgrading the harddrive to store all that stuff but I heard you can only do that with the mod chip. Did he install one or just do the softmod? Would it be possible to get screenshots of what its like when using the media from it (mostly music, if you have any.)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
                  Are you talking about the xbox mod? If so, do you have any screenshots? I just want to see what it looks like when you are playing audio from it.
                  Sorry man, didnt mean to confuse you, but no. I was talking about a regular PC.

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                  my husband modded an xbox so we can play downloaded movies and tv shows on it.
                  Nice! You can also stream from your PC if you have XP MC.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                    Sorry man, didnt mean to confuse you, but no. I was talking about a regular PC.

Nice! You can also stream from your PC if you have XP MC.

Ohh. Well, the thing is it becomes a little more difficult when trying to get the right sound card and programs for the audio and such. Plus I just found this thing for the xbox, the XBMC (xbox media center; dont know if thats what you meant by XP MC) and the screen shots seem pretty cool. It is pretty much like having a computer.

Comment

you can upgrade the hard drive on an xbox with a soft mod. I added a 40gig western digital to my soft modded xbox. sad thing is, it has more room than my 360 haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Red01FBird View Post
                        you can upgrade the hard drive on an xbox with a soft mod. I added a 40gig western digital to my soft modded xbox. sad thing is, it has more room than my 360 haha.
                        Im going to want around 1 tb for my xbox...haha

does anyone know if you can add an external harddrive. Id rather do that and somehow be able to unplug it from the back, or wherever, so i can bring it in my house to update if needed.

Comment

only time that would work for an xbox is if you had another xbox you were updating it with. A computer wont normally read an xbox hard drive, just from the way they are set up.

Comment

You have to do the mod then im pretty sure you can transfer data from computer and xbox.

Comment

*EDIT* Picture added to first page more info coming. Probably going to end up modding then put into car. MORE INFO SOON

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X