Look at what I just bought!!!!!! Try VERY hard not to laugh! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at what I just bought!!!!!! Try VERY hard not to laugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look at what I just bought!!!!!! Try VERY hard not to laugh!

Cold A/C = great.

As for the ball joints, they could cause that nasty squeak, and if so then they must be replaced - very dangerous.

However, try to isolate the noise, maybe it is something else that just needs to be greased. WD-40 does wonders on old bushings that squeak.

You should experiment and give it a nice rattle can paint job.

Comment

thats baller right there.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
        Cold A/C = great.

As for the ball joints, they could cause that nasty squeak, and if so then they must be replaced - very dangerous.

However, try to isolate the noise, maybe it is something else that just needs to be greased. WD-40 does wonders on old bushings that squeak.

You should experiment and give it a nice rattle can paint job.
        Im sure it will be a gunie pig for my painting skills LOL!

Isnt there a way to test? I hear you can jack a car up and try to pull left to right and up to down and it will tell you either or if there is any slack.

O and I dont know if I mentioned it but the squeeking is almost completely gone now!? Maybe it is just bushings from sitting for so long?

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
        thats baller right there.
        Anyone who spends $175 on a car most certainly is :D
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

wait... she drives 100 miles to work at a starbucks... in FL?

You guys need to move... come to orlando work for the mouse and live right next door, save $3.20 a gallon on gas. What is that $12 a day?

$60 a week, $240 a month, to work a job she probalby makes $8-9 an hour?
          Last edited by DAS BOOT; 03-16-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

O M G!!!!!!
            put a wing and stickers on it PLEASE!
            my other truck has a 50 cal mounted on it

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
              wait... she drives 100 miles to work at a starbucks... in FL?

You guys need to move... come to orlando work for the mouse and live right next door, save $3.20 a gallon on gas. What is that $12 a day?

$60 a week, $240 a month, to work a job she probalby makes $8-9 an hour?
              Like I said, turn pike... And no work... And we are moving, to TN. Cant wait!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                Like I said, turn pike... And no work... And we are moving, to TN. Cant wait!
                Haha Idk if there are as man fbodies floating around there as there are here I still say your "Excel" is a shop vac .... if that haha may be one of them what is it Orek??? haha

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad View Post
                  Haha Idk if there are as man fbodies floating around there as there are here I still say your "Excel" is a shop vac .... if that haha may be one of them what is it Orek??? haha
                  LMFAO! Same HP and they both suck! HAHA
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                    Isnt there a way to test? I hear you can jack a car up and try to pull left to right and up to down and it will tell you either or if there is any slack.

O and I dont know if I mentioned it but the squeeking is almost completely gone now!? Maybe it is just bushings from sitting for so long?

If the noise stopped then it might have just been from sitting for a while. Maybe run it to a local shop just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                      At least its only $175...

but why did you get a beater like that? 23/33 whats your camaro get 20/27 not like this thing is a real fuel saver.

at least you can haul parts in it and keep miles off your car.

shoot, i'm lucky if i get 20mpg on average in my tank (and I drive 80% hwy)
                      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

okachobee sucks anyways, my grandparetns live on lake june and at least i can waterski and wake board on that lake without having to worry about all the gators lol
                        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird View Post
                          I just saw that car on a freecreditreport.com commercial!

Get some dubs.
                          That is the very first thing I thought of when I saw that.
                          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I suggest you invest a lot of time and just convert it to the ultimate sleeper. Ditch the bird, put the engine it that. :tup::tup::tup:

:tdown:

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                              If the noise stopped then it might have just been from sitting for a while. Maybe run it to a local shop just to be sure.
                              Just what I was thinking. I know of good shop around here that will look at it for free. I hoping it all just needs to be worked.

Originally posted by youngsc View Post
                              That is the very first thing I thought of when I saw that.
                              I need to see this!

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
                              I suggest you invest a lot of time and just convert it to the ultimate sleeper. Ditch the bird, put the engine it that. :tup::tup::tup:

:tdown:
                              Ok, GTP motor! Now that would be a sleeper~!
                              sigpic

Comment

So, is it on the road yet? How is it working out?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X