An afternoon I remember.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An afternoon I remember.

Really quick, I'm going to tell you a bit about my background in cars. I grew up in Savannah, GA with a father who was (and still is) huge into hot rods and restoring muscle cars. Growing up, I thought these were cool, but didn't begin to actually develop an interest in cars and modding them until about 2 years ago. I had a friend with an Eagle Talon that was a work in progress. I thought it was really neat what he was doing. It was all stock, save some accents he did on the inside. Purple with neon green interior accents. He always talked about modding it, but I guess he never got around to it. After that, I saw the Fast and the Furious movie and thought those were cool. I was a riceboy in the making. I'm not sure what jarred me out of that, but I became fascinated with American muscle. I don't mind an import, stock or not, with a rather conservative and well done visual mod, but the radical body kits and spoilers are too much. Before I knew much of anything about cars, I dug up some old issues of Car and Driver. I'd look up the performance mods that they sold in there and would research them. I've come a long way since beginning my dive into learning about how to modify a vehicle's performance a year ago or so. I later ended up buying a 93 3.4L V6 Camaro which I had plans to turbo, but I'm now heading off to the Marine Corps in a week, so I ended up selling it. My new plan is to get either an LS1 Trans Am or Camaro SS.

Anyways. On to my story:

I used to work security for a company a few months back and they had me posted up at a Kroger near the ghetto. While walking around, doing my thing, I'd occasionally see a ricemobile, especially with how prevalent they are here. I'd normally just laugh at it and continue on my way. You'd find anything from a stock vehicle with a few stickers to the coffee can exhaust, huge spoiler and body kit (all unpainted) stickers everywhere, etc. Whole nine yards. One day I was standing outside the store talking to a plainclothes officer when what looked to be an mid-late 80s Cutlass Supreme comes pulling in with a loud and obviously aftermarket exhaust. It was painted bright red. Not a bad color! But keep in mind that this is what most would consider "Grandma's Daily Driver." It had a black top and, if I recall correctly, rally wheels, but don't hold me to that last part. This far, it didn't look bad. Then I got to looking more. It had this little tiny black hood est. 3 inch high scoop centered on the hood and moved slightly back. The scoop was obviously not originally part of the hood and looked crappy. The guy pulled in, tapping the gas very briefly, making the engine rev, and basically turning the heads of everyone in the parking lot. I listened to the sound of the engine which was bone stock (or really near it.) The guy parks his car and walks inside while his "homeboy" sits in the car and waits on him. The guy returns after a short trip in the store and fires the car back up. He backs it up and punches the gas, doing a weak burnout and flying towards the front of the store before having to hit the brake after only traveling 15 feet. But wait! This isn't the best part. This is: As the guy turned around past me, revving the engine in short bursts, as he's driving off, I see a "Type R" badge plainly displayed right on the back of the trunk. He waits in line to leave the lot, revving the whole time, gunning it needlessly once he gets out, once again doing a weak burnout. I couldn't stop laughing and I wished so bad that I had a camera for that one. It's one of the best ones I've ever seen around here.
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Re: An afternoon I remember.

only in the ghetto...

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS View Post
      only in the ghetto...
      The car wasn't too bad until I saw the hood scoop and the Type R badge. It was an odd color for a Cutlass Supreme, but to each his own, I suppose.

Comment

Wow... I feel sorry for that Oldsmobile...that's like a kick in the nuts to an American Heritage...Either way, Good Luck In the USMC!
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
          Wow... I feel sorry for that Oldsmobile...that's like a kick in the nuts to an American Heritage...Either way, Good Luck In the USMC!
          Ah. Thanks man. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X