Hunting & Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting & Guns

Over the past half of a year I'd say, my buddy Kyle has been teaching me how to shoot, mainly trap and skeet but the occasional long range target. We are planning a hunting trip for sometime this year so he can show me how to set up a stand, clean the animal, and how to track it if necessary.

I don't have a gun of my own yet and I need to purchase a rifle and a shotgun before we go. He has recommended a few models for me to look into but he is a hardcore Browning fan. I was just wondering if anyone on here ever hunts or shoots and what kind of gun they would recommend getting.
    Last edited by RyanAndyBob; 02-11-2008, 10:51 AM.
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Re: Hunting & Guns

If you have the money a Remington Model 798 is a damn good rifle. It's available in all the popular calibers. I love my gun.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...les/model_798/

Set me back about $530.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Re: Hunting &amp; Guns

S&w 500 :)
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
        As twisted as that sounds, I have seen people hunt with them. SICK recoil for a revolver, and if you're not expecting it, it will smack you in the face.

If I had to recommend a shotgun, Id lean towards a remington SP-10, brother likes the same, but for skeet it would be better to use a Remington Model 1100.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
          If you have the money a Remington Model 798 is a damn good rifle. It's available in all the popular calibers. I love my gun.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...les/model_798/

Set me back about $530.
          Very amazing looking gun, but what do you hunt with it? Lions?! lol
          do u have the safari or the 798 base
          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
            ha only 19 bub
            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
              Very amazing looking gun, but what do you hunt with it? Lions?! lol
              do u have the safari or the 798 base
              You could if you wanted. I have a base 798 30-06. I use if for deer and turkey mostly. Some long range target practice as well.
              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

where did you pick it up at? I dont think local places carry that gun around here.
                1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
                  . I use if for deer and turkey mostly. Some long range target practice as well.
                  or fat girls named jackie
                  *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    As twisted as that sounds, I have seen people hunt with them. SICK recoil for a revolver, and if you're not expecting it, it will smack you in the face.
                    My buddies grampa owns a gunshop, and I shot the 500 there in their range...

Another friend of mine bought the S&W 500 used from Gander MTN. for $300, and shot it again... Wes is right, ABSOLUTELY SICK.

Heres a vid, check it out
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IxLmiYiwvus
                    *Matt

Comment

The 460 is a baddddd mother too....
                      *Matt

Comment

For shotguns, I love my Walmart special - Winchester 1300

I would recommend not spending big bucks on your first hunt. Get a feel for as many rifles & shotguns as you can, buy something YOU really like.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Don't be persuaded to buy the most expense guns, if u don't plan on hunting often. Fleet Farm specials will do the trick for little $ and they will be reliable as long as u take good care of them

Comment

well for long range shotgun is out.. remington 700 pss .308 for long range would be a good choise but the remington 870 is the cheap way to go and it can take alot of mods barrels,stocks,ammo cap.ect
                            your freind,
                            total gun nut

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
                              where did you pick it up at? I dont think local places carry that gun around here.
                              A local gun shop ordered it for me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X