air compressors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressors?

im looking to buy an ait compressor for some air tools. All i really want to use it for is a die grinder, but i guess those take up a lot of air?

what should i look for? im not really sure what the numbers really mean?

How important is SCFM, hp, gallon size, and all that stuff?

my friend said that SCFM is probably the most imprtant.
    looking for something in the 200-300 range. but will probably find a used one off craigs list or something

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: air compressors?

comapre the rating on the tool to the rating on the compressor. Easy way to do this is go to sears, and you'll have both tool & compressor there & compare. It'll also give you a good idea on teh size/hp rating the compressor will need to be, and price.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

yep that pretty much covers it. Ours is rated 6 and can run just about anything you want for a good amount of time. Keep in mind though, cheap air tools are going to waste a lot of air and drain the compressor faster, so get quality tools unless you don't mind waiting for the compressor to regain pressure after a few minutes of work
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

you can just search online to see what tools need and what compressors have.

You may want a bigger tank, allows you to use tools longer without dieng.

A die grinder is that important to you? I just don;t see how it would, I'd actually just look at a good electric with cord one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X