Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myspace or Facebook anybody?

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
    I have a facebook. Only thing I ever do with it is play petrol head and speed racer lol

hahah same here.
    petrol head ftw.
    im in the billionaires club

Comment

I am anti facebook and myspace. I believe that those sorts of sites reveal excess information about peoples lives and activities (some people go overboard with personal info) on top of that, I feel that like most internet talk (instant messaging and posting on myspace and facebook) tend to dumb down the English language. People can't hold an intelligent conversation anymore and its mostly because nobodies talking face to face anymore. While it does have it's benefits (talking to people from huge distances away) it also alienates people who live close to each other, so instead of meeting to talk or calling someone on the phone they post a stupid message on these sites, which really cannot be personal at all since EVERYBODY can look at them who wants to. Maybe it's just because I'm an English major, but mostly it's because i'm fed up with the American people not having much intelligence anymore. I think facebook and myspace is an arrogant way for people to put their lives out there, thinking that people actually care about them and theirs. When i think of myspace and facebook i think about two 15 year old blonde girls with no brains talking back and forth to one another, being completely ignorant of the fact that they are idiots.

I doubt anyone will agree with my outlook, since lets face it just about everyone uses these sites. I however, will not because i'd still rather write a letter and mail it then post some stupid comment like "omg i had so much fun bowling the other night and we got so drunk omg"

with that said i realize there are some people who used these sites as a serious way to get to know people and keep in touch with people ect. but for the most part i think it's crap.

Max out.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
        I am anti facebook and myspace. I believe that those sorts of sites reveal excess information about peoples lives and activities (some people go overboard with personal info) on top of that, I feel that like most internet talk (instant messaging and posting on myspace and facebook) tend to dumb down the English language. People can't hold an intelligent conversation anymore and its mostly because nobodies talking face to face anymore. While it does have it's benefits (talking to people from huge distances away) it also alienates people who live close to each other, so instead of meeting to talk or calling someone on the phone they post a stupid message on these sites, which really cannot be personal at all since EVERYBODY can look at them who wants to. Maybe it's just because I'm an English major, but mostly it's because i'm fed up with the American people not having much intelligence anymore. I think facebook and myspace is an arrogant way for people to put their lives out there, thinking that people actually care about them and theirs. When i think of myspace and facebook i think about two 15 year old blonde girls with no brains talking back and forth to one another, being completely ignorant of the fact that they are idiots.

I doubt anyone will agree with my outlook, since lets face it just about everyone uses these sites. I however, will not because i'd still rather write a letter and mail it then post some stupid comment like "omg i had so much fun bowling the other night and we got so drunk omg"

with that said i realize there are some people who used these sites as a serious way to get to know people and keep in touch with people ect. but for the most part i think it's crap.

Max out.

whats any different from posting here?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I am anti facebook and myspace. I believe that those sorts of sites reveal excess information about peoples lives and activities (some people go overboard with personal info)
          Certainly this is true for some people (especially young kids), but you do not HAVE to reveal anything.

on top of that, I feel that like most internet talk (instant messaging and posting on myspace and facebook) tend to dumb down the English language. People can't hold an intelligent conversation anymore and its mostly because nobodies talking face to face anymore.
          So true. A pet peeve of mine as well. However, the electronic age is here to stay. It will be interesting to see how these kids talk when they enter the real world. As an English major, you will appreciate this side bar. I find it interesting now how people cannot convey emotion in the written word any more. Without emoticons, people are at a loss for descriptive words which convey the proper emotions. :)

Certainly there are immature people using these sites, but you need to look beyond that. Who cares if a bunch of teenagers send stupid crap back and forth? Who cares if they share personal information. If YOU use the site as intended, then YOU reap the benefits. Myspace has been great for me because I have reconnected with several friends I lost touch with years ago. Before the Internet, finding these friends would be near impossible. Now it is as simple as searching.

To contribute to the thread: myspace, SpeedingFirebird.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Certainly there are immature people using these sites, but you need to look beyond that. Who cares if a bunch of teenagers send stupid crap back and forth? Who cares if they share personal information. If YOU use the site as intended, then YOU reap the benefits. Myspace has been great for me because I have reconnected with several friends I lost touch with years ago. Before the Internet, finding these friends would be near impossible. Now it is as simple as searching.

To contribute to the thread: myspace, SpeedingFirebird

X2, I found a lot of old friends

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Max out.
              im not reading that because i think youre a tard.
              BUT. i do semi-agree. a lot of people pointlessly use myspace and facebook.
              i use facebook how it was meant to be used, to keep up with what is going on at my school, find people in my classes, and keep in touch with friends from when i was younger (seeing as ive moved around so much)...
              facebook was meant to be used for college kids to see whats going on at their school. not for rando's to play games and add a bunch of stupid applications that dont accomplish anything.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

www.myspace.com/ssmows6
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I got both, just use my nick to bring up myspace and here is facebook:

http://rutgers.facebook.com/profile.php?id=8806882

Comment

myspace.com/therealgreekmafiakid

and facebook. just search Niko Giallousis I go to umass amherst

add me :)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                      Certainly this is true for some people (especially young kids), but you do not HAVE to reveal anything.

So true. A pet peeve of mine as well. However, the electronic age is here to stay. It will be interesting to see how these kids talk when they enter the real world. As an English major, you will appreciate this side bar. I find it interesting now how people cannot convey emotion in the written word any more. Without emoticons, people are at a loss for descriptive words which convey the proper emotions. :)

To contribute to the thread: myspace, SpeedingFirebird.
                      agreed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X