thinking about a Nissan GTR? Think again... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about a Nissan GTR? Think again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thinking about a Nissan GTR? Think again...

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
    Innovation Is Alive and Well
    The innovation that aftermarket companies around the world display is legendary, and the in-house innovative power displayed by some TAS exhibitors showed that the bar has been raised higher this year, particularly when it comes to products that have become highly computerized. Aftermarket companies in Japan had heard dire predictions from inside Nissan that the GT-R would be impossible to modify, so they were prepared for the worst.

A Japanese journalist reportedly had the following experience when test driving a pre-release model of the GT-R. As he approached the main entry gate of Suzuka International Circuit, the car’s GPS-equipped computer warned him in a pleasant voice that once he entered the circuit, the car’s warranty would be voided.

The navigation screen then gave him an "Accept" screen, requiring him to push "Accept" to get rid of the voice. After a couple more times, the voice issued a final warning that the vehicle was recording his driving habits and any damage done to the vehicle at the circuit would not be covered under the new-car warranty at a Nissan dealership.
    I believe this is the FUTURE of all automotive companies. Hence, the use of navigation, on-star, black boxes, etc. The car will record everything and the government/police will know where you are at all times what you are doing with your car.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

oo, i see, i didnt know you meant the gps/warranty thing. that is pretty lame.

Comment

The new GT-R is actually a lot better looking in person. Still ugly, but not as ugly as I had previously thought. The main reason I wouldn't buy one (as if that is even an option for me) is they are speculating a $60k mark up on MSRP the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
          The new GT-R is actually a lot better looking in person. Still ugly, but not as ugly as I had previously thought. The main reason I wouldn't buy one (as if that is even an option for me) is they are speculating a $60k mark up on MSRP the first year.
          you mean it's not even going to be the ridiculous price of $70 grand? there going to make it $130 grand?

Comment

People are saying to expect pricing around $120k the first year. There won't be many cars available and very few dealers will be getting them. Makes the ZR-1 look like a lot more bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
              I believe this is the FUTURE of all automotive companies. Hence, the use of navigation, on-star, black boxes, etc. The car will record everything and the government/police will know where you are at all times what you are doing with your car.
              x2...I will never buy a new car that does this...BIG invasion of privacy...cops will know if your speeding without even seeing you...mail you the speeding ticket to your house based on the gps.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                what if you take it to the track but dont even race?
                then you would have to calmly explain to your car that you arent there to abuse it, you just want to go watch other people race
                2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

I would take one... :D... I would take a ZR1... or a Z06... or even a trans am... hell I would take a firebird with less miles then mine. So whay does everyone act as if they wouldn't buy a 60k car
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

a 60k car that isn't crap would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      I would take one... :D... I would take a ZR1... or a Z06... or even a trans am... hell I would take a firebird with less miles then mine. So whay does everyone act as if they wouldn't buy a 60k car
                      would you buy a $60k kia spectra?...cause that is about as much as I think of this car as

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                        would you buy a $60k kia spectra?...cause that is about as much as I think of this car as
                        yeah the GTR is like a kia spectra good one
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Im just saying...nothing wrong with buyin a 60k car...but if its worth it...obviously a kia spectre is not worth 60k and thats the point Im trying to make with the gtr

Comment

The GTR easily brings 60K worth of sports car to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                              The GTR easily brings 60K worth of sports car to the table.
                              true, but what fun is a sports car if you cant ever tap into its potential.. it would freakin kill me to have a car that nice, with that much potential, and not be able to beat on it at all until the warrenties expire..

unless nissan would be willing to just say screw it.. give me a price break and a one year warrenty, theres no way i'd get something like this.. too much temptation...
                              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                                true, but what fun is a sports car if you cant ever tap into its potential.. it would freakin kill me to have a car that nice, with that much potential, and not be able to beat on it at all until the warrenties expire..

unless nissan would be willing to just say screw it.. give me a price break and a one year warrenty, theres no way i'd get something like this.. too much temptation...
                                I'd possibly consider after the warranty is up...and with a DRASTIC price drop...not likely though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X