GM V6 interchangibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM V6 interchangibility?

Well, its been a long time since I posted here, I ended up getting a really good deal on a V8 second gen, sold it, bought a 91 with the 305, just dropped a bigger V8 in, and now I need SOMETHING that can get good fuel millage.

I want to find base moddel 74-81 firebird and then do some building on it (All in the goal of increasing its fuel economy, of course) but the V6s used in the old firechickens have very little aftermarket suport. I am not a stranger to engine swaps, and I would even say I am decent at it.

What GM v6 engine will fit into a second gen with out exensive modification? At this point we are strictly talking in therory, I dont have a car I am working on....

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong spot.....

Re: GM V6 interchangibility?

Originally posted by Steel

I want to find base moddel 74-81 firebird and then do some building on it (All in the goal of increasing its fuel economy, of course) but the V6s used in the old firechickens have very little aftermarket suport. I am not a stranger to engine swaps, and I would even say I am decent at it.

What GM v6 engine will fit into a second gen with out exensive modification? At this point we are strictly talking in therory, I dont have a car I am working on....
    If you're talking about putting in the old 3800 II you will have to fab. things for it such as engine/tranny mount.

3.4slowtogo Did it to his 3rd gen. I was at a car show, which I forgot how long ago, maybe 5 years, I saw a 2nd Vette with a Turbo 6 Grand National.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Re: GM V6 interchangibility?

I think whatever you end up doing there will be a decent amount of modification. You might want to stick to carburetted as it would be an easier setup than trying to modify everything for a 3800II or something
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X