I've discovered a new form of speed limiter on my car! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've discovered a new form of speed limiter on my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've discovered a new form of speed limiter on my car!

Originally posted by mellowout
    i wonder if its possibly rattling something?

im not too security-system inclined but i know loud noises at the track make cars trigger their "back off" horn
    I actually have an idea what it is.

The audiovox 750 I have in my car, when remote started, shuts off the engine if the pedal is pressed, after 15 minutes, or if the engine is reved to 4000rpms.

I'm guessing that the remote starter is partially locked into the "On" position in the module, and when it hits somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000rpms it tries to shut the motor off. It fails because the key is in the ignition, and the end result is the alarm sounds.

If I play with the switches and the remote to try to get it to quit, I can actually reach a state where when I park and take the key out of the ignition, the car will remain running.

It's definitely the remote starter portion of the module, no big surprise cause I've actually had the fool thing continue to try and start the car even after it's started(Does wonderfull things for the starter's lifespan I'm sure), and I have to pull battery cables to get it to reset.

Problem is, the bloody thing is wired into the ignition system and buried in the dashboard, and I can't get an appointment to replace it until the 13th.

This sucks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      4 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X