Not to be outdone by Kristen's fire story - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not to be outdone by Kristen's fire story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be outdone by Kristen's fire story

background history, my 99 cobra has had an ses lights for a couple months now from my exhaust. i had it scanned again last week and it came up w/ 7 new codes. they were all related so i figured out it was due to a blown fuse. i replaced the fuse a couple days after and it blew instantly when i turned on the car.

today i got up to go to the exhaust shop so i could get my car on a lift to see if any wires were touching and caused a short somewhere. nothing was touching and everything looked good. i came home and decided to replace the fuse again and see what happened.

i start the car up and after a few seconds i notice the burning smell and a little bit of smoke from the fuse panel. as i'm about to shut off the car the rpms start dropping and get below 500 and just about dies before i turn it off. i pull the fuse and it is still good so i restart the car. nothing happens for about a min and the rpms look good. them i notice the smell again and more smoke. i inspect the fuse panel and then pop the hood. something is smoking under the hood so i turn off the car.

i stay in the garage w/ the car for a few min waiting for it to stop smoking and it never does, so i look under the car and see the o2 simulator on fire! i pull out the fire extinguisher from under my seat and soak the sensor.

i called aaa to tow my car to a shop and had my dad come over so i could borrow his truck. this has been such a hectic morning and i've got a big mess in the garage from all the powder.

it doesn't look like anything else was damaged from the fire so thats a good thing i guess. i'm so glad i bought the fire extinguisher a month ago, it may have caused more damage if i didn't put it out right away.
    94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Re: Not to be outdone by Kristen's fire story

thats pretty ****ty id have to say...atleast u caught it b4 it was 2 late

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

that sucks, not a spectacular fire, but fires never good

Comment

Seems weird the simulator would catch fire. Mine at least was coated in thiick plastic and I'm pretty sure the wires would burn up before it caught anything on fire.
        Still, that sucks, but at least it didn't cause anymore damage than it could have.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yea, i wonder what led to it catching fire. and a damn good idea you stayed in the garage to investigate, that coulda been terrible.

Comment

yeah car, then garage, then house(if yours is attached)... not the best day by my book
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

fords love blowing up

my exploder did just that

Comment

exploders REALLY love blowing up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X