Snow Day!!11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Day!!11

Well, we had about 1/2 an inch of snow last night around 12, and when they woke up, the district freaked out and closed campus. So my classes today and my night class scheduled for tonight (the only class I actually really enjoy) is canceled...

Took this picture about 11am (pretty much looked like this by 9) this morning to show just how bad the snow was, and let you understand why they closed the college for the day..

As you might be able to tell, we don't get much snow, so when we get any, people freak out.
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 01-28-2008, 03:22 PM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Snow Day!!11

no pic loaded.

Comment

edited. Worked for me, but imageshack is kinda messed up right now, so I re hosted it anyway
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        As you might be able to tell, we don't get much snow, so when we get any, people freak out.

been there. still doing that, except it seemed to have calmed the natives for a bit.
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Thats what happened here last week. We got not even two inches of snow and schools were closed, churches closed down, I was closing down at the bank and we had to close early so everybody could go home before it got "worse".
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

gay, they never close the schools here because it's too hot!

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              Same here, people here don't just freak out though, on the roads many speed and whind up on the side of the road or in the ditch because of black ice and such

Comment

yea, we had a big snow thursday morning and they didn't cancel my classes. then i wrecked on my way. 2 hours later all the snow had done melted. :mad:

Comment

i drove to school in a snowstorm about a week ago... normally a half hour drive, took me an hour and a half :mad:. i ended up missing my first class and part of my second...

damn community colleges, dont they know that their students have to TRAVEL through that crap to get to class??
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

We could get like 3 ft of snow and they wont close school...

If the buses can push thru the snow, it's open...

Its ridiculous, I remember when I was in high school and it snowed like that it would take an hour to get to class which is normally a 4 minute drive and they wouldnt cancel.
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

last year we had a bus slide off the road. they then had a 2-hour delay. no students were on the bus though. if there had been any they would have shut the schools down.

edit: by the by, high in the sixties today. possibly 70 in the next couple days.
                      Last edited by tmon930; 01-29-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                        We could get like 3 ft of snow and they wont close school...

If the buses can push thru the snow, it's open...

Its ridiculous, I remember when I was in high school and it snowed like that it would take an hour to get to class which is normally a 4 minute drive and they wouldnt cancel.
                        QFT, chicago schools suck
                        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

This here is as much as we got in several years here in GA, and people were freaking out......

<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Renzo
                            This here is as much as we got in several years here in GA, and people were freaking out......

I think it's in all southern states, people freak at snow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X